Who we are looking for
We are looking for a proactive and self-motivated team player to join our Legal Entity Controller team based in Seoul, Korea who is willing to take over responsibilities in a wide range of accounting and reporting requirements in a fast paced banking environment, in summary this will include controllership, accounting, statutory and regulatory reporting requirements of the SSBT Korea Branch. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Accounting, Officer you will
What we value
- Reporting into the Finance Controller of Korea Branch.
- Ensure accounting of transactions as per Korean accounting standards and accuracy of financial results
- Ensure internal controls are appropriately designed and executed.
- Ensure documentations of our procedures are well maintained.
- Preparation of the regulatory reporting returns well on time and accurately. Resolve queries from the reviewer / Controller.
- Partnering with a wide range of stakeholders including Businesses, and the local management team.
- Working closely with Business Controls teams to improve control environment.
- Ensure financial controls are operating effectively and issues reported/ resolved and appropriately escalated.
- Actively cooperate with the external auditors to finalize statutory reporting including query resolution.
- Interface and close collaboration with LFO's and FP&A organization to ensure alignment and accuracy of financial information.
- Support on transformation initiatives
- Support tax compliance (direct and Indirect) including Transfer Pricing scheme.
- Any other ad-hoc tasks as required by the Korean Controller from time-to-time.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Ability to work in a fast-paced banking environment managing multiple priorities
- Fast learner, proactive in nature and has excellent attention for details
- Committed, self-motivated and proactive, with a desire to succeed
- Team player
- Ability to think holistically and make connections between diverse issues/tasks
About State Street What we do
- Experience with local regulatory reporting requirements will be an advantage.
- Accounting degree with approximately 6-7 years of relevant experience.
- Good knowledge of Korean technical accounting standards and USGAAP/IFRS will be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of Accounting System
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both English and Korean
- Strong control awareness
- Proficient level of Excel knowledge
. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow
. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility
. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers