- Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
- Permanent, Full time
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia
- 23 Apr 18
Product Specialist Debit Card
Product Specialist Debit CardJob no: 1000999
Business group: International Financial Services
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: South Africa All
Categories: Product Management
- Provide input in designing, building and implementing the Card Issuing strategy in anticipation of changing customer behaviour, as new technologies are embraced and as the competitive market changes.
- Provide input to broader Transactions and Payments Strategy
- Execute on issuing strategy by issuing bank cards to the Consumer market. Drive growth of profitable cardholder base. Promote activation and usage of cards. Retain customers and maximize overall profitability.
- Product management - be the manager of Issuing products (including debit and others), related fraud management.
- Provide input in introduction of innovative solutions that will make optimal use of technology and digital channels as points of customer interaction.
- Provide input to the development of strategic partnership with Segment and pricing structures that will give customers best value for money.
- Under the guidance of Head of Issuing, work with internal business partners (Segment, Operations, IT, Marketing, Finance, HR etc.) and external partners (Retailers, Vendors and regulators) to offer excellent and consistent customer experience.
- Keep abreast with PASA and Payment industry requirements regarding the Card products
- Participate in periodic audit - internal and external.
- Manage the profitability of the Card products and services
- Key point contact for the Debit Card product.
- Support requirements for customer loyalty. Use CBSA's loyalty program to influence cardholder behaviour to spend on cards.
- Identifying opportunities to reduce costs through shared investment in Issuing and Acquiring, and other areas. Address the inefficiencies in Issuing by ensuring that CBSA invest optimally for the benefit of the bank.
- Cultivating information sharing and collaboration. Ensure that relevant internal entities touching Issuing meet regularly to exchange ideas and find ways to work together across business units/segments.
- Work with Head of Department in influencing industry strategies at PASA and attendance at relevant Card PCH sub committees
- Provide input to New Card Issuing product formulation & design
- Provide input to the development of businesses cases for investment in additional Issuing products/services, as the Consumer and SME businesses grow.
- Keep abreast of industry initiatives and innovations. Perform competitor analysis and provide findings on a regular basis.
- Ensure ongoing regulatory compliance and risk management of Card Issuing products - as prescribed by SARB, card networks and the PASA.
- Ensure Card Issuing products and services are designed to minimize operational risk and avoid operational losses
- Ensure the required Card Issuing risk management processes and activities are implemented and ongoing.
- Be an active team member within the broader team and CBSA.
- Run with the Bank Vision and demonstrate that you are living the bank values
- Participate in the coaching, mentoring, managing performance, training and development self and others within the bank
- Complete all the requisite training within timelines.
Your skills, qualifications and experience
- Business qualification at Bachelor Degree level or higher.
- 8 years of financial services / payments experience of which at least 3 was held at Product manager level.
- A sound payment industry and relevant technical knowledge and associated technology, customer and innovation trends, including emerging payment ecosystems and changes to the competitive landscape
- Good communication, stakeholder engagement and influencing skills
- A passion for the customer experience and an understanding of customer behavior
- A sound understanding of digital and the benefits technology can bring to customer's daily lives
- Ability to thrive in a changing environment and to lead collaboratively through change
Advertised: 20 Mar 2018 South Africa Standard Time
Applications close: 04 May 2018 South Africa Standard Time
It's our people's talent, initiative, ideas and energy that help us achieve great things, together.