\u3000Chief Risk Office - Compliance Testing Officer - Assistant Vice President
Position Overview Details of the Division and Team:
The Compliance Testing (CT) team is responsible for providing assurance testing on the design and operating effectiveness of the businesses' control environment and adherence to applicable regulations and the Bank's policies. CT develops and executes an annual, risk based testing plan that covers the risk categories owned by Compliance, across all businesses in the region.
For Singapore (SG), the key relevant businesses are:
What we will offer you:
- Investment Bank (IB) - Fixed Income and Currencies, Origination & Advisory, Deutsche Bank Research;
- Corporate Bank (CB) - Trade Finance & Lending, Cash Management, Securities Services, Risk Management, Trust & Agency Services;
- Private Bank (PB); and
- Deutsche Asset Management (DWS).
A healthy, engaged and well-supported workforce are better equipped to do their best work and, more importantly, enjoy their lives inside and outside the workplace. That's why we are committed to providing an environment with your development and wellbeing at its center. You can expect:
Your key responsibilities:
- Flexible benefits plan including virtual doctor consultation services
- Comprehensive leave benefits
- Gender Neutral Parental Leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- 25 days of annual paid leave, plus public holiday & Flexible Working Arrangement
Your skills and experience:
- Collaboration with various Compliance stakeholders to ensure the implementation of adequate and effective testing program for APAC that meet both BaFin and local regulatory requirements;
- Supporting the execution of the testing program for L1 controls, potentially including reviews at the non-hub offices; the opportunity for travel to other jurisdictions may be available
- Ensuring that all issues raised in CT have adequate remediation plans that are tracked and escalated promptly and appropriately;
- Developing relationships with the relevant Business Management offices, Divisional Control teams and Infrastructure functions;
- Sharing best practice and learnings with CT colleagues locally/regionally/globally;
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of appropriate Management Information to inform Senior Management of pertinent matters, in line with global Deutsche Bank/Compliance/CT standards;
- Liaising regularly with relevant businesses, Business Line Compliance and other colleagues to remain abreast of developments as it pertains to CT; ensuring stakeholders are aware of the likely impact on the controls testing program and implementing changes where necessary; and
- Assisting in any ad-hoc projects and tasks as necessary.
How we'll support you:
- At least 5 to 7 years' experience of in Compliance / Compliance Testing/ Audit/Risk and Control in a complex financial services environment, preferably with the same mix as Deutsche Bank
- Technical/product knowledge in relation to the key relevant businesses such as Investment Bank (IB), Corporate Bank (CB), Private Bank (PB) and Deutsche Asset Management (DWS) and activities of DB in APAC
- Knowledge in Compliance Risks and the ways in which the risks will crystallize in practice with ability to test adequacy and effectiveness of the Compliance Risk Management framework implemented to address those risks
- Educated to degree level with a demonstrable professional qualification is preferable
- The drive, discipline and enthusiasm to work independently under pressure while also being a strong collaborative team player receptive to exchange of ideas and constructive criticism
- Strong attention to detail and ability to identify changes and impact of any changes to documents, systems and processes as against compliance risks, remediation required, etc.
- Good drafting skills, including the ability to record and describe complex issues clearly and succinctly, in a way that are easily understandable by any recipient of the relevant reports.
- Able to quickly understand complex issues and set a course of action (that others are prepared to follow) to meet specific goals
- Strong investigative and analytical skills - enquiry, analysis, interviewing, testing.
- Proactive - will seek to find the right solution and options to issues within and outside their specific remit, without being prompted and within an appropriate matrix management framework.
- Assertive and engaging and able to quickly build and maintain effective working relationships; Ability to work with different review leads and managers within CT.
- Multi-cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Fluent in English with strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel (i.e. organizing data sets), Word, and PowerPoint.
About us and our teams:
- Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
Deutsche Bank is the leading German bank with strong European roots and a global network. Click here to see what we do. Deutsche Bank & Diversity
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Deutsche Bank.