# Associate Engineer
Singtel, Asia's leading communications technology group, provides an extensive range of telecommunications and digital services to millions of consumers and businesses across Asia, Australia, Africa and the USA. With over 140 years of innovation behind us, we continue to push boundaries in our networks and services, to enrich lives and transform businesses.
Our core values - Customer Focus, Challenger Spirit, Teamwork, Integrity, and Personal Excellence - shape the way we work. We are passionate about making a difference and have an open and inclusive culture where everyone is empowered to do their best. Our diverse business means you will enjoy unique opportunities and rewarding experiences to learn and grow your career in a dynamic industry.
Join us and experience what it's like to be with an Employer of Choice*. Together, let's create a brighter digital future for all. *Awarded at the HR Fest Awards 2020
The role of the Engineer is a key one that manages and oversees IT infrastructure set-up, and ensures stability of all networks, audio-visual systems and demonstrations at the Centre. The Centre is a strategic customer engagement site of Singtel and hosts more than a thousand VIP customers/partners every year, hence, it requires a constant high level of availability for infrastructure, and showcased products and solutions. Key Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Manage and oversee IT infrastructure set-up of the centre.
- Set up demos and ensure centre readiness every day - 100% stability of all networks, audio-visual systems and demo availability/SLA.
- Project-manage new demo onboarding; and advise on connectivity and infra requirements for these demos.
- Ensure all circuits and systems are running and in good order; troubleshoot and interface with relevant vendors/technical teams for Levels 1 and 2 problem resolution.
- Work closely with and manage vendors who support the centre.
- Ensure proper documentation of demos, processes, workflows and circuits; with quarterly reports on workflows, outages and logs.
- Schedule repairs, demo set up, maintenance works to ensure centre runs well.
- Manage calls for quotations and invoice processing.
- Manage booking engine of centre.
- Propose and drive continuous process improvements for the Centre (i.e. infrastructure, network or other relevant technical related upgrade works).
- Manage Maintenance Schedule (cleaning schedules etc and demos and circuits).
- Interface with Facilities Management and Security for visits; and provide support in logistics arrangement.
- Degree/Diploma in Computer Engineering.
- Possess Network Engineering experience.
- Excellent knowledge of Networking: Servers, Cables, LAN, Switches, WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, UDP, Latency, VoIP, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, NHRP, ATM, PPP, MPLS, Routers, Hubs, Servers, Cables, Racks, Firewalls.
- Knowledge of communications systems (e.g. Cisco, Crestron, etc).
- Technical troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to code in Java, C++ or Python.
- Knowledge of Linux OS.
- Interest and passion in emerging technologies.
We believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers. We strive to ensure all our people practices are non-discriminatory and provide a fair, performance-based work culture that is diverse, inclusive and collaborative.