Wintel System Administrator
Platform Operations Team holds the fort to the Infrastructure and the Platform services to support Avaloq's internal and external clients on a day-to-day basis. Being part of a dynamic team, the SMEs are involved in the inception, building and operating of the Infrastructure and Platform services, collaborating closely with Applications, Security Operations and Engineering teams.
As an individual contributor, he/she will be reporting to the Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Team Lead. Also, he/she will work with the vendor team, network team, database administrator, backup and storage team, middleware team and deployment team.
This person is largely responsible for providing operational operating systems and services to the organization. Your Mission
What you need
- Primary responsibilities include owning, tracking and resolving windows operating systems related incidents and requests
- Fulfilling requests and resolving incidents within SLAs, reviewing service related reports (e.g: servers backups and recovery, maintenance, monitoring) on a daily basis to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved within established SLAs
- Responding to operating systems and applications related alerts and escalations and working towards strategic solutions to recurring problems
- User administration on Windows systems including creates, modifies, and deletion of accounts, for user rights assignment and permission configurations, using Active Directory in a multi-domain setup
- Monitors and analyse system performance, detailing the system resource utilization versus user experiences and putting forth recommendations to improve users' experience, ensuring high level of availability and usability
- Between 5 to 10 years of working experience in a system administrator capacity
- Ideally in vendor / system integrator background. No banking/financial industry experience required
- Experience in both virtualized and physical environments with Windows Servers
- Good knowledge of windows script programming and automation tasks.
- Proficient in end-to-end troubleshooting involving network/security devices, operating systems, applications, databases, front-end etc.
Solid hands-on experience in the following areas are required:
You will get extra points for the following
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Sharepoint
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Skype for Business
- Active Directory
- DNS services
- Clustering services
- AWS experiences
- DevOps experiences