- Based on experience
- Permanent, Full time
- J.P. Morgan
- 19 Apr 18
Wholesale Lending Services – Traditional Credit Product Middle Office – Associate
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
Wholesale Lending Services – Traditional Credit Product Middle Office – Associate - Singapore
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about J.P. Morgan is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/ www.jpmorganchase.com.
Wholesale Lending Services Middle Office is a private side utility function supporting multiple lines of business including Investment Banking (Debt Capital Markets, Global Corporate Bank, Currency and Exchange Markets) and Commercial Banking with regards to the end to end processing of bilateral and syndicated loan transactions. Working closely with IB Credit Risk and various other groups, the Traditional Credit Product Middle Office operates within a control focused environment and ensures that Accounting and Risk Policy is followed, Credit exceptions are resolved and loan agreements are reviewed and recorded accurately in the risk infrastructure
Key responsibilities include:
Day-to-day support and responsibility of new and existing credit facilities for loans transaction supporting cross lines of businesses including set up in the credit (iCRD) and loan system (Loan IQ).
Review Credit proposals to ensure credit terms comply with facility documentations.
Establish effective partnerships with Credit as a key stakeholder as well as teams in several areas of the bank in different capacities.
Help maintain quality measures and standards to ensure client service standards are met
Responsibility for maintaining the highest quality data, as well as understanding and adhering to credit policy developments and escalating appropriate queries
To follow best practice and procedure to ensure no control breaches.
Own, resolve, escalate exceptions & manage KPIs for portfolio coverage.
Tracking overlines / exceptions and follow up with Credit on the same.
Support Credit on reporting requirements / adhoc reports to facilitate transaction monitoring
Participate in team, regional/global projects with a view to ensure increase efficiency, controls & streamline processes.
- Bachelors degree, plus min of 2-3 years relevant work experience
- Strong decision making capabilities and the ability to identify problems and propose solutions. Exhibits initiative to raise issues to appropriate/relevant parties when needed
- Proactive/self-starter with the ability to deliver value-added support to business partners in a dependable, timely and accurate manner
- Strong influencing skills and the ability to build relationships with team members and stakeholders
- Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to accept new assignments and challenges in a rapidly changing environment
- Good communication and relationship/partnership-building skills both with team members as well as other business partners. Ability to interact confidently with all levels of stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail with a control and cost discipline mindset, takes ownership and is accountable for area of responsibility
- Good level awareness of Corporate Banking and its products. A sound knowledge of credit policies and credit systems would be a distinct added advantage
- Strong PC skills in Microsoft Suite (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio). Ability to use web-based technology effectively
- Knowledge of Loan IQ will be an advantage.
- Facility documentation knowledge an advantage