Wealth Technology - Digital Technical Specialist - Associate
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- Deutsche Bank APAC
- 27 May 18 2018-05-27
Wealth Technology - Digital Technical Specialist - Associate
Our technology teams are responsible for the bank's entire information technology infrastructure. They develop and maintain the software required to support the bank's business. The teams work closely with the businesses and other infrastructure units to modernise the bank's IT systems to reduce complexity, risk and enable business growth.
With award-winning mobile banking apps and trading systems, our technology helps Deutsche Bank deliver high-quality products to clients. We make sure that the phones and computers work and that emails are delivered – but we also develop solutions that help our people share their knowledge, expertise and passion for our business.
Deutsche Bank sees itself as a technology-driven company that can gain market share with new, cutting-edge ideas. The ambition is to be a leader in the area of digitalisation.
We are making investments into digital technology across all businesses to enhance the client experience, harness the power of data, and strengthen efficiency and controls by increasing automation. We are also collaborating with external partners such as start-ups, FinTechs, and technology specialists worldwide to discover and implement innovative solutions for our clients.
Deutsche Bank has become one of the first financial institutions to establish a professional research and development department, including capabilities such as four innovation labs and the digital factory in Frankfurt.
Join us here, and you'll constantly be looking ahead. We'll look to you to capitalise on new technological trends that can reshape our business and deliver value for our clients, whilst still meeting the demands of customers, regulators and the markets.
The Associate Engineer develops application code, implements technical solutions, and configures applications in different environments, in response to business problems and in accordance with provided requirements and agreed design principles.
- Develops source code in React Native, React JS, including descriptions, for all Software Components in accordance with Detailed Software Requirements specification, the functional design and the technical design document.
- Design and develop RESTful web services
- Design, develop and maintain large areas of our iOS / Android codebase along with the web components. (From the front-end web interface, to backend infrastructure, to mobile app).
- Review requirements in User stories
- Work with UX Designers, Mobile Architects other Developers to implement mobile solutions
- Verifies the developed source code by reviews (4-eyes principle).
- Ensures architectural changes (as defined by Architects) are implemented.
- Contributes to problem and root cause analysis.
- Integrates software components following the integration strategy.
- Verifies integrated software components by unit and integrated software testing according to the software test plan. Software test findings must be resolved.
- Ensures that all code changes end up in Change Items (CIs).
- Develops routines to deploy CIs to the target environments.
- Provides Release Deployments on non-Production Management controlled environments.
- Supports creation of Software Product Training Materials, Software Product User Guides and Software Product Deployment Instructions.
- Checks consistency of documents with the respective Software Product Release.
- Where applicable, manages maintenance of applications and performs technical change requests scheduled according to Release Management processes.
- Fixes software defects/bugs, measures and analyses code for quality.
- Collaborates with colleagues participating in other stages of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Identifies dependencies between software product components, between technical components, and between applications and interfaces.
- Identifies product integration verifications to be performed based on the integration sequence and relevant dependencies.
- Actively supports achievement of Bank's/Division's strategy, plans and values, and ensures they maintain a clear understanding and ongoing alignment of activities with the organisation's priorities.
- Demonstrates personal support to the achievement and maintenance of a high performance culture in which people management and development is a key priority. Demonstrates personal commitment to supporting colleagues within the team.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the Bank's values.
- Adheres to Bank Policies and Procedures and drives compliance within the team.
- Takes ownership for own development and career management, seeking opportunities to develop personal capability and improve performance contribution.
- Supports and promotes Deutsche Bank values and believes in every activity.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficient communication skills.
- Fluent in English (written/verbal).
- Ability to work in virtual teams and in matrixed organisations.
- Good team player.
- Open minded.
- Keeps pace with technical innovation.
- Ability to share information, transfer knowledge and expertise to team members.
- Ability to write code in accordance with provided business requirements.
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration in Computer Science or Software Engineering (or equivalent) – with a minor in Finance, Mathematics or Engineering.
Deutsche Bank offers a challenging and rewarding career where your contribution is valued and rewarded. We have an inclusive and friendly working environment coupled with excellent facilities and benefits.
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.