Wealth Management - Relationship Manager - Director
Position Overview OVERVIEW
Deutsche Bank's Wealth Management business is one of the largest wealth managers worldwide. We offer our clients a broad range of traditional and alternative investment solutions, as well as comprehensive advice on all aspects of Wealth Management. As a trusted partner of wealthy individuals and entrepreneurs, family offices and foundations, we create lasting value for clients. We specialize in developing bespoke solutions for our clients around the world, for instance wealth planning across successive generations and international borders, asset management with individual risk management, loans and deposits. All this is possible thanks to our global network, our many years of experience and our close collaboration with the Corporate Bank, Investment Bank and DWS. We aim to become a highly competitive global wealth manager by combining financial strength and stability with trustworthy partnership and forward-thinking in order to build sustainable and beneficial client relationships. As a growth business for Deutsche Bank, we contribute towards building a more balanced, less capital intense and stable business model for the bank.
The Relationship Manager is a primary point of contact for clients to access the entire suite of wealth management capabilities and solutions offered by Deutsche Bank Wealth Management. This is achieved by working in close partnership with the Investment Manager in the day-to-day planning and servicing for the client. The individual is responsible for acquiring new clients - which are in line with the business proposition of the bank - and assets as well as grow existing business relationships, assuring a holistic and high-standard client experience. CANDIDATE PROFILE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
DESIRED EXPERIENCE / ATTRIBUTES:
- Develop, manage and maintain overall relationship with the client, providing an holistic client experience
- Be the first point of contact and the overall responsible person with regard to dealing with client complaints
- Develop new business with new and existing clients, spending a great proportion of time focused on bringing in new clients and new assets (prospecting), building and sustaining long-term relationships
- Work as a team with the Investment Manager (and the Institutional Wealth Partner where appropriate) to build deeper client relationships / involve in origination
- Keep day-to-day responsibility for advising clients within the required regulatory framework and keeping abreast of all client-impacting initiatives from the respective market
- Proactively identifying client lending / financing needs, involving lending specialists to further develop the opportunity
- Perform continuous market analysis to identify potential client leads and opportunities
- Act as the Accountable Client Owner with responsibility for all AML aspects of the client relationship; this includes KYC in good quality and in a timely manner (no overdues) as well as account behavior, i.e. transactions with focus on 3rd party transactions constituting transfers in and out to be in line with purpose and anticipated behavior of the account(s).
- Where clients are not assigned an Investment Manager, own the overall suitability and appropriateness for client investments; taking client execution orders where required and ensuring that all corresponding checks are performed
- Participate in relevant client social events as well as in PR and other marketing activities
- Uphold the team's operating rhythm (e.g. regular prospect review, pipeline review, account planning, etc.), leading by example and demonstrating role-model behavior
- Work in close co-operation with other coverage, product and support functions to deliver DB's value proposition, leveraging also other DB divisions where possible
- Actively support the business / growth strategy, plans and values, contributing to the achievement of a high performing team
- Act within professional, legal and ethical boundaries and guidelines, observing all internal and external compliance regulations and code of ethics and conduct; flagging and managing reputational risks and conflicts issues
- Detail orientation on both strategy and execution
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Superior investment acumen
- Have a good understanding of the governing regulatory framework (e.g. RDR, MiFID II, etc.), including but not limited to applicable confidentiality / secrecy / data protection regulations and cross border rules where relevant
- Professional integrity
- For experienced hire, solid network of clients in the target coverage market is required
- Willing and able to develop other staff, e.g., analysts
- CFA, MBA degree or other advanced degree a plus
- 8 or more years of relevant experience
- Fluency (written and oral) in English and the principal local language required;
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Deutsche Bank.