GFI is an international IT services company, currently employing about 27,000 people Worldwide. GFI provides its clients with innovative, long-lasting industrial solutions to leverage performance from their information systems. We design and runs industrial platforms tailored to the economic and human considerations of its clients.
- Management Consulting | Digital Transformation | Innovation
- Operating over 26 countries,
- 2019 revenue of over 2.3 Billion Euros,
- 50 years of existence.
In order to support our forthcoming businesses and technological challenges, we seek innovative and agile people sharing our mind set.
We are now looking for a BVE Tech Lead to join our team in Singapore.
Referential application (B V E) is one few of hundreds of WMIS owned applications, in which WMIS Hub maintains their interfacing modules to other WMIS applications. This is the main source of referential data and integrated with the core banking system and trading systems.
As there are various activities and projects planned in coming years for referential data plus planned replacement of existing B V E applications, the Products Division needs to have strong Java Tech Lead who can work independently with minimal supervision, contributing to the delivery, liaising with tester, support manager and project managers to deliver projects on time. The Tech Lead should also take a lead to ensure the developers under supervision are able to perform their daily tasks well and with clear direction. The main activities are more on developing the new BVE system.
- Participate to the full development lifecycle including design, estimation, planning, development, unit test, release and implementation support
- Work with the Project Manager, Business Analyst and Solution architects to understand the business requirements and translate them to technical solutions in the application
- Contribute / review the technical specifications
- Prepare Technical Architecture Diagrams
- Participate in system design
- Responsible for managing & reporting technical risks
- Control and Maintain the quality of the developments (norms & standards, frameworks, source control, technical reviews, code reviews)
- Work closely with Business Analyst and Developers to deliver high quality solutions.
- Provide guidance to team members
- Develop program in Java codes (java 8 and above)
- Produce and maintain program codes and documentation
- Perform system testing with other dependency applications and unit test
- Provide support during various phases of testing
- Analyse application problems, recommend and develop solutions and suggest improvements
- Review requirements with the BA and Business and provides effort estimates for task completion.
- Review codes and suggest best practices.
- Provide technical advice related to Java and Oracle to the rest of the other team members.
Skills & Experiences
- Expert on Java 8 and above, Oracle/PostgreSQL database and Unix Shell Scripting
- Hands-on experience with various Java / Web technologies and frameworks: Spring (Core, Security, MVC, SpringBoot), JPA, Hibernate, REST API, Maven, Junit test, Mockito;
- Understanding of XML and related technology
- Understanding of IBM MQ and related messaging technology
- Good practical knowledge of design of RDBMS and SQL
- Working knowledge of DevOps tools (Git, Jenkins, Sonar, Nexus Artifcatory)
- Knowledge about containers and virtual machines including Docker, Kubernetes, etc. (Nice to have)
- Understanding of Agile methodologies (Good to have)
- Demonstrates analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in preparing technical and functional test cases
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Lead with examples, able to coach and groom developers
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
At least 7 years’ experience
Other value-added skills
- Good and clear communication
- Good attitude
- Committed and dedicated.
- Able to work in a team and supervise a team.
- Understanding of financial instruments.