Vice President, Trade Finance Operations
- Permanent, Full time
- MUFG Bank
- 21 Apr 19
MUFG Bank, Ltd is one of the world's leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with approximately 350 years of history, MUFG is a global network with 1,100 offices in over 40 countries. The Group has 140,000 employees and about 300 entities, offering services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, client finance, asset management, and leasing. The Group's operating companies include MUFG, Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation (Japan's leading trust bank), and Mitsubishi UFJ Securities Holdings Co., Ltd., one of Japan's largest securities firms.
- Lead and manage the performance of team members to provide high quality customer service
- Provide guidance and training to direct reports to upgrade their technical skills and competency in handling complex transactions
- Daily execution of documentary trade finance transactions; import, export and commodity transactions
- Manage functioning processes in the team/department, identifying areas for improvement and efficiency
- Control and implement measures to mitigate operational risks in transactions
- Review and monitor transactions to ensure strict adherence to Bank's procedures and compliance with regulatory requirements
- Provide support and solutions to Front Office/Trade Product & Sales Office for new trade products
- Provide advice, solutions and training to Bank's customers
- Support and work in partnership with colleagues within the region to share on best operational practices
- Participate and contribute to Bank's initiatives, projects and system enhancements/developments
•At least 10 years working in Trade Finance Operations within a bank, with 2-3 years' experience in managing a team.
•Sound knowledge and understanding of Export/Import/Commodity trade transactions with strong technical skills to handle complex transactions
•Experience in LC documents checking preferred
•Conversant and competent in application of UCP600/ ISBP/ URC/ URR/ URDG/ ISP Rules and Incoterms
•Good understanding of regulatory sanction requirements
•Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to adapt to the changing needs of the organization and demands of internal and external stakeholders
We regret to inform that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.