Vice President, Regulatory Compliance Retail Banking and Wealth Management - Regulatory Compliance
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Nov 17 2017-11-23
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a role where you can continue to make an impression, take the next step at HSBC where your contributions will always be valued.
As part of Global Risk, Regulatory Compliance ensures adherence to applicable regulations and standards by setting the policies which cover HSBC’s regulatory requirements, and mitigate conduct and reputational risk issues. The team strives to remain ahead of the regulatory change agenda and ensures the business understands the implications and is prepared for change. It monitors how the Global Businesses and Functions manage their responsibilities with regard to complying with the regulations and helps resolve compliance deficiencies.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Vice President, Regulatory Compliance Retail Banking and Wealth Management.
In this role, you will
- Ensure proactive approach is taken to identification of Regulatory Compliance risk change and potential impacts on business model
- Ensure the appropriate timely and relevant risk information is provided to Senior Management
- Resolve any or all identified issues promptly, and escalate concerns to management as appropriate to ensure timely awareness of any material concerns.
- Maintain awareness of operational risk within assigned portfolio and minimise the likelihood of it occurring including its identification, assessment, mitigation and control, loss identification and reporting.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Degree holder with strong experience in regulatory compliance, prior experience in Retail Banking and Wealth Management is an advantage
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, with experience of dealing with stakeholders at all levels
including the capacity to articulate the case for risk management and policy in the language of business.
- Some experience of dealing with regulatory matters and confident interaction with Regulators.
- Experience of working within a matrixed environment preferred including reporting internationally.
The chosen candidate for this role will be required to undergo enhanced vetting. Subject to local laws, this will require the individual to satisfactorily pass a series of additional checks as part of the recruitment process and on an ongoing basis, if appointed to the role. HSBC Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are originally completed, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis. For more information about the enhanced vetting for this role please contact the recruiter for this role.
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000A0QM
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited