Purpose of the Role: This role is responsible for the risk management of assigned portfolio of assets, and managing a small group of junior colleagues who collectively monitor credit and transaction related risks within a portfolio of structured finance assets across APAC, post-financial close. The assets are originated in Project Finance (power, natural resources, and infrastructure), Real Estate Finance and Aviation Finance, Shipping & Transportation Finance and maybe on a bilateral, club or syndication basis.
- To prepare rating reviews, credit applications, waiver requests, borrower ratings which include recommendations, within due dates, in accordance to the Bank’s internal guidelines and credit appetite.
- To undertake appropriate identification of risks issues, close monitoring of and reporting on the status of the borrower and underlying project conditions, including escalating to appropriate departments where applicable. This includes site visits to the projects, when there is an opportunity
- Actively managing the overall risk profile of the borrower or project and recommend changes where necessary to mitigate risks
- To prepare sponsor and offtaker ratings in rating reviews, including the preparation of a provisional Sponsor Rating spreadsheet, in the event there is no internal rating
- To play an active supporting role on refinancing and potential work-out transactions.
- To support the negotiation of waiver terms and amendment documents, where required.
- To co-work on secondary loan transfers and loan participation, where required.
- To prepare regular reports, including but not limited to credit conditions and instructions, action plans, stress tests, sector monitoring reports, Asset Evaluation Sheet, presentations to management or credit committee. To prepare ad-hoc reports related to the portfolio that has a financial impact to the Bank, or as requested by Management/Head Office or Regulators.
- Coordinate and prepare for internal and external audits or regulatory inspections.
- To identify industry, economic and sector trends and developments which can impact the portfolio.
- To manage a small group of junior team members, who have their own set of accounts.
- Degree qualified. Finance, Accounting or Economics degree would be advantageous
- Desirable to have at least 9 - 10 years of relevant experience in credit analysis and credit risk (in similar structured product financing, Corporate Banking).
- Strong technical skills and a strategic mindset and business acumen.
- Experience in reviewing and preparing credit application recommendations, reviews of credit controls and legal documentation.
- Prior experience managing junior colleagues would be an advantage.
- Strong organisation skills and attention to details and accuracy.
- Strong communication, presentation and writing skills.
- Proactive, resourceful and a good team player, with ability to build rapport with internal and external parties.
- Good understanding of banking products and their risks.
- Strong understanding of credit risk, financial analysis, critical and data analysis, impact sensitivity studies, financial modelling.
- Familiarity in financing documentation and legal considerations.
- In-depth sector knowledge in aviation, project finance, shipping or real estate financing would be an advantage.
- Strong negotiation skills.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted applicants will be notified