Vice President, Group Performance Management
FWD Group spans Hong Kong & Macau, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam, and Japan, offering life and medical insurance, general insurance and employee benefits across a number of its markets.
FWD is focused on creating fresh customer experiences, with easy-to-understand products, supported by digital technology. Through this customer-led approach, FWD aims to become a leading pan-Asian insurer that changes the way people feel about insurance.
Established in Asia in 2013, FWD is the insurance business of investment group, Pacific Century Group. For more information please visit WWW.FWD.COM
- To initiate, implement and/or support Group Strategic objective of improving overall performance focusing on
- Protection sales
- Distribution channel strategy
- Your will initiate a variety of strategic initiatives either at Group or with countries to support overall FWD strategic objectives of improving performance (VNB)
- Besides initiating/leading, you will be asked to support other strategic Group-wide strategic initiatives as well
- Lead the Management information and analytics for managing VNB/Protection VNB performance
- You will assist in the formation of strategy in driving VNB especially through products, channel strategy through collaboration with both internal and external stakeholders and working with cross-functional teams.
- Initiate, lead and manage Persistency and other VNB improvement projects/initiatives with external and internal stakeholders
- Working with group leads and country leads to develop strategies/initiatives to achieve FWD strategic outcome
- Defines master project plans and outlines interdependencies, manages communications amongst projects and set realistic objectives/ milestones for the countries.
- Maintains a measurable and quality of project deliverables within defined and agreed upon project requirements.
- Gathers feedback from countries on project results; analyses feedback and incorporates same into future project. Identifies and determines regional implications of project parameters and redefines, redesigns or revises as appropriate.
- Determines, obtains and provides project metrics/ status to stakeholders to communicate project progress. Leverages corporate synergies for project effectiveness and efficiency purposes.
- Represent the PM team in the BP strategy and planning discussions at Group and in countries
- Actively participate in on-going M&A and integration projects at Group level in relation to Finance Ops and PM
- Conducting research and data analysis to support strategy and decision-making process
- Assessing the Group as well as assigned countries' operational and strategic performance
- Supervise/manage the team member to better understand industry trends, market changes & explore new opportunities
- Coaching & develop junior talents
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- MBA, CPA, Actuarial or equivalent
- > 15 years' experience
- We are looking for candidates with deep insurance experience with technical knowledge and yet with broad commercial experience in business partnering with distributions, operations and products
Substantial exposure to corporate strategy, top management strategy formulation and decision making. Hands-on experience of leading cross-functional strategy projects. Experience in Business insights and strategy
KNOWLEDGE & TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Success in this role demands a strong strategic as well exceptionally good communication and analytical skills (ability to independently analyse performance analysis, competitive and market analysis, financial analysis and use the information in actional insights and strategies
- Ability to run projects independently
- Great written and verbal communication skills is a must to be able to clearly convey information and recommendations which will affect the effectiveness of the execution.
- The candidate must have a highly collaborative nature to be able to blossom in a decentralised structure