Vice President, Group Credit, Credit Policy & Portfolio Management - Unsecured
- Permanent, Full time
- United Overseas Bank
- 17 Mar 18
Vice President, Group Credit, Credit Policy & Portfolio Management - UnsecuredYou will be one of the senior members of the unsecured policy team, reporting to Unsecured Head, Credit Policy & Portfolio Management. You will be responsible for leading analysis for review of unsecured credit policies; provide portfolio performance updates to policy managers and will be responsible for UAT for implementation of policy changes.
Role Description :
- To be responsible for adhoc analysis as required for policy evaluation. To evaluate credit / marketing program performance and provide insights to policy managers to improve acquisition and portfolio management strategy.
- To perform regular monitoring and analyses of portfolio performance to ensure that sound portfolio quality is maintained. To track and monitor Product Program performance benchmarks and work closely with Credit Approval, Credit Management etc. on product programs and portfolio monitoring report generation.
- To liaise with Policy Managers to review and ensure that Product Programs are renewed on timely basis.
- To prepare and review regular decks with portfolio management information for senior management reporting. To coordinate with Credit Approval/Operations/Credit Management and other teams to ensure timely completion.
- To establish early warning mechanisms, stress tests and contingency plans for business recovery management purposes.
- To involve in reviewing the usage of scorecards (including strategy) and other risk management tools/systems to ensure that newly acquired customers are of acceptable quality. To monitor approval rates and highlight approval rate changes to Policy Managers.
- To liaise with relevant teams and team members (internal or external) for development & enrichment of data-marts so as to improve data usage for Credit Decisioning purposes. To support data infrastructure development and enhancement to support MIS generation / policy evaluation. To be able to provide guidance and support to team members.
- To lead UAT for system changes required for implementation of policy changes.
- At least 6 years of working experience in a retail banking role preferably in credit risk policy, MIS and portfolio management capacity.
- Degree holder with background in Business & Finance, Computer Science or Statistics. Other degree holders with relevant working experience will be considered.
- Analytical mind with sound business acumen, good ability in dealing with people, good communication and presentation skill (verbal and written), highly meticulous and self-motivated.
- Strong SAS programming background with knowledge of Enterprise Guide, Enterprise Miner or SQL query skills. Strong PC skills in Excel and Powerpoint.
- Knowledge of strategy manager will be an additional advantage.
- Familiar with Scorecard developments, Basel Capital Rules and local regulatory landscape with regard to retail lending practices will be preferred.
- Ability to prioritize, plan and manage at both strategic and working levels