Vice President, Group Compliance - AML/CFT Surveillance & Intelligence Management
- Permanent, Full time
- United Overseas Bank
- 25 Apr 18
Vice President, Group Compliance - AML/CFT Surveillance & Intelligence ManagementThe successful candidate will be part of the AML/CFT Surveillance & Intelligence Management Unit undertaking the following key responsibilities:
- Supervise team members to ensure alerts triggered by Group approved AML transaction monitoring system(s), escalations on suspicious AML/CFT activities from business/support units and cases arising from other relevant sources (e.g. adverse news in media) are done in accordance to Group standards.
- Supervise team members' work to ensure timely submission of suspicious transactions reports to the designated local Financial Intelligence Unit in accordance to AML/CFT legislative and regulatory requirements and Group standards.
- Assist the Head of the unit to manage the allocation of alerts/cases and the regular review of team members' work.
- Lead thematic investigations/reviews where required.
- Assist the Head of the unit to provide relevant advisories and sharing to business/support units and other AML/CFT teams on matters arising from reviews and investigations conducted by the unit.
- Support the Head of the unit in matters to strengthen the AML/CFT transaction surveillance and intelligence operating framework and procedures across the Group.
- Degree or professional qualification in business or banking/financial services related areas
- At least 5 years' experience in intelligence/investigations-related work
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Prior experience in managing teams will be an advantage.
- Good knowledge/understanding of banking and financial services laws & regulations, compliance best practices and understanding of financial products & systems
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills