Vice President, Finance Operations, BlackRock Alternatives Investors
Description About this role Business Unit Overview:
BlackRock Real Assets is a fast growing business unit within BlackRock's Alternatives Business offering primarily institutional clients access to equity and debt investments in real assets. Blackrock Real Assets now have over $50 billion in investor commitments. The group has over 340 global investment professionals with a broad experience base in developing, operating and financially structuring investments and has offices in New York, London, Stockholm, Dublin, Paris, Zurich, Bogota and Mexico City. Job Purpose/Background:
An opportunity arises to join the Portfolio Operations team within BlackRock Real Assets, a team of 32 which primarily provides financial, operational and administrative support for the Real Estate, Renewable Power, Infrastructure Debt Infrastructure Solutions and Global Energy & Power businesses within BlackRock. This position will provide support to the Renewable Power team. The role will report to the Director, Portfolio Operations, Renewable Power but will work independently to support the investment and operations teams as necessary. The role is based in Singapore. Key Responsibilities:
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes;
- Provision of assistance to the transaction teams as appropriate, including the coordination of the operational elements of investment activities.
- Integration of newly acquired portfolio assets into BlackRock.
- Liaise with third party administration, operational and maintenance providers to ensure a proper balance between internal control and operational efficiency at operating project level and to ensure accurate, timely and comprehensive reporting of asset performance by each asset on a monthly basis.
- Review and assessment, in conjunction with the technical operations team, of monthly operational and financial reports. Identification and resolution of performance issues.
- Review, implementation and monitoring of annual budgets for all portfolio assets.
- Evaluating, in conjunction with professional advisors, and subsequently executing on the capital structures necessary to ensure tax efficient returns to Investors.
- Ensure full and timely compliance with regulatory, project and client reporting requirements.
- Portfolio and project cash management and distributions.
- Effective communication of asset performance to Senior Management, Investors and the broader group.
- Liaison with fund accounting team on accounting, fund valuation and reporting issues.
- Work with the legal and tax teams to define the appropriate investment structure, assist entity set ups as required and ensure funding flows are clearly understood, documented and followed.
- Qualified Accountant, (ideally Chartered Accountant with big 4 background) with 5 years post qualification experience.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in in finance, economics, accounting, business management is preferred .
- Professionals with strong and broad exposure to investment management, risk management, operations, finance and compliance in the Asset Management industry .
- Knowledge and experience of managing investment structures in APAC desirable.
- Experience within a group finance or reporting role.
- Confidence and experience to act independently is very important.
- Experience in monitoring and reporting on, development, in construction and operational infrastructure and energy assets is desirable, but not a requirement.
- Strong technical accounting skills, including detailed knowledge and experience in US GAAP.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent Excel and financial analytical skills.
- Ability to interpret financial models and large volumes of contractual data.
- Experience in managing staff or external service providers an advantage.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage workload autonomously and effectively.
- Strong commercial awareness and the ability to apply commercial judgment.
- Inquisitive, detail-oriented, self-motivated & healthy skepticism
- Good time management.
- Willing to travel.
- Grow with an evolving team and work in a friendly, entrepreneurial environment.
- Experienced senior team with strong values, providing excellent learning and development opportunities.
- Significant exposure to worldwide, prestige projects in a fast-growing sector.
- Broad and varied exposure to all aspects of the team's activities, encompassing asset selection, deal execution, asset integration, operational monitoring and reporting, valuation and Investor reporting.
- Opportunity to provide input into future growth and operational efficiency of the platform.
- Strong brand in the Infrastructure and fund management industry.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.