Vice President, FX Development Lead - Technology
- Permanent, Full time
- TD Securities
- 20 Sep 17
At TD Securities, we currently use Murex and Wall Street as our trading platform for the FX cash business. The candidate for this position will be responsible for leading a team that includes developers who design and develop applications that sit outside of Murex and Wall Street, but interact with the platform and database that is proprietary to both vendor platforms and also developers and business analysts that configure and develop on the vendor platforms.
Candidates will be involved in delivering new technology solutions and functionality to support the FX Cash business. This will include systems analysis, design, development, build, testing, and documentation of new features and enhancements based on the requirements from the Front/Middle/Back office, while working with other developers and business analysts. The candidate must have the ability to design, develop, test and document complex programs, while working on multiple concurrent projects in an ongoing changing environment.
The candidates responsibilities include the following:
• Excellent product knowledge of FX asset class
• Good understanding of methodology for valuating a variety of products that include swaps, options, and other structural products.
• Developing reports within and external of Murex and automating it with jBPM framework.
• Developing application utilizing the MxML Exchange module for publishing any type of products (including linked-Trade deals on E-tradepad) to the Enterprise Service Bus.
• Developing business operation workflow that involves interaction with front office, middle office, and back office.
• Develop robust application that utilizes service oriented architecture on an Enterprise scale using programming languages such as Java and Node.js
• Analyzing business problems and gathering the necessary requirements for on-going project initiatives
• Accountable for final testing and implementation as well as peer reviews of other projects.
• Troubleshooting and resolve application and system problems.
• Providing support for application implementations as and when required.
• Leading and mentoring a team of highly skilled developers and business analysts
• Status tracking, scheduling and monitoring applications
The candidate will have functional and technical leadership responsibility, including leading and mentoring of members, technical design and implementation management.
• Minimum 8-10 years of design, application development and hands-on Murex experience
• Good domain knowledge in FX & CLS Implementation experience
• Proven team management and leadership skills
• In depth knowledge of and experience with Murex and knowledge of Wall Street Trading Platform
• Excellent financial knowledge specifically products, pricing, valuations and the Greeks
• Experience with source control systems, Unix, Bash Scripting, ANT, and Maven
• Experience with Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins, Buildbot and TeamCity
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills
• Ability to multi-task and work on multiple concurrent projects
• Flexibility to work in an ongoing changing environment
• Ability to work both in teams and individually