Vice President, External Communications, Group Strategic Communications and Brand
Posting Date: 31-May-2021
Location: Raffles Place, Singapore, SG, 048624
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department Group Strategic Communications and Brand
is responsible for protecting and promoting the UOB brand. Working closely with our stakeholders, we create and execute integrated communications strategies to promote awareness and understanding of the Bank's approach to supporting its corporate customers and the communities in which it operates.
We are looking for a dynamic and creative self-starter with a passion for storytelling. As a member of the External Communications team, you will develop and manage strategic communications campaigns from conceptualisation to execution. The ideal candidate will be a team player with a strong sense of ownership and the ability to work under tight deadlines.
If keeping up with latest business banking trends, engaging the media differently, using data to tell a story and fleshing out thought leadership ideas get you going, then this is the role of you. Job Responsibilities
- Lead and drive communications campaigns to promote awareness of the Bank's position aligned to its strategic priorities.
- Develop content for a range of communications collaterals, including news releases, reports, infographics and opinion pieces.
- Provide counsel to stakeholders on the recommended approach to sharing stories externally.
- Guide team members by providing direction and helping to refine ideas and content.
- Conceptualise multi-media content such as videos or infographics to support communications initiatives.
- Manage issues and crisis as the need arises.
- Ensure quality and consistency in materials produced and published.
- Ensure timely reporting of required metrics.
Be a part of UOB Family
- Strong understanding of the business impact of communications, with the ability to interpret business objectives and data.
- A strategic thinker with strong problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent English writing skills with the ability to bring ideas and narratives to life in a concise and engaging manner.
- A keen eye for detail and passion for accuracy.
- Interest and understanding of global and regional economic trends/developments and current affairs.
- Strong media relationships.
- A recognised university degree with a minimum of 7 - 10 years of relevant experience.
- Effectively bilingual (spoken) in English and Mandarin to liaise with Mandarin speaking colleagues / media
- Effectively bilingual (spoken and/or written) in another Southeast Asian language would be a bonus.
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.