Vice President, Corporate Actions, Custody & Investment Operations Centre
Posting Date: 27-Apr-2021
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Responsibilities
Reporting to the Head of Corporate Action, this person will have responsibility as the team lead of the Corporate Action team to run the daily operations, service the clients and provide leadership in the team in its support to the business partners and clients.
He/she is expected to:
- Plan and manage the team's corporate action activities and deliverables in Announcement, SOA and Dividend
- Review and improve operational and system processes and lead and develop the team to drive efficiency in operations
- Manage operations in strict compliance with internal controls and various legislation, regulations and bank policies
- Maintain a positive working relationship with the business partners and clients and drive servicing standards for the division
- Work with Head/Division Head in review of new product proposals from Business Units, including evaluating of system gaps, operations related documentation, coordinating from system testing till implementation with respective stakeholders.
- Participate in service reviews and due diligence visits
- Participate in business initiatives and operational and system projects affecting the team and division
- Be the "subject-matter-expert" on corporate actions and securities/custody operations to the business and clients
- Develop and train the team to raise their performance and service standards
Be a part of UOB Family
- Excellent practical knowledge of domestic and global market products and corporate actions
- Good operations management skills
- Strong risk control/compliance mindset
- Effective communication with good writing and presentation skills
- Prioritization and urgency on deliverables for management reporting
- A minimum of 8 to 10 years' experience in managing a corporate action team dealing with global securities products
- In-depth knowledge of local and global securities markets products and operations. Added value with experience in handling Private Wealth products"
- Good knowledge in handling tax reclaims and stamp duty for interest / dividend payments
- Well versed with relevant legislation and regulations including FATCA, QI requirements and U.S. tax reporting
- Degree in banking and finance or equivalent
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.