To act as the primary point of contact in the Compliance function for the regional headquarters of business and risk/support functions in Singapore. To provide advice, facilitate stakeholder management for the Compliance function, and conduct/prepare Compliance Risk Assessments and Management Information (CRA/MI) to business management. In addition, as part of a team, the successful candidate may be assigned regional oversight of country Compliance office of MUFG Bank branches, subsidiaries or representative offices in the Asia-Oceania (AO) region (excluding Japan).
Regional HQ (Singapore) Business Compliance Advisory
- To support the delivery of ACO strategy and implementation of a robust and structured Compliance Programme in Singapore (and the region).
- To be a trusted advisor to business management/leadership team on Core Compliance (i.e. Non-Financial Crime) issues and risks. Provide sound advice to business/functions, based on MAS requirements and Bank’s compliance policies and procedures, to support decision making.
- To maintain good working knowledge of industry trends, products, relevant laws and regulations, and support in the development of appropriate and practical solutions and processes that are in line with industry best practice.
- To participate in the preparation of the monthly CRA/MI. Engage and influence business/functions management on key compliance risks and the actions required. Monitor action plans to ensure compliance gaps are closed in a timely manner to mitigate compliance risk.
- To develop and maintain strong stakeholder management with key stakeholders both internally within MUFG Bank and externally. Work in partnership with colleagues in the Head Office to support the implementation of regional projects at Product Office and Branch level. Work in partnership with compliance colleagues in ACO and in the region to share knowledge, and to provide guidance and advice to business on Compliance issues.
- To update departmental policies and procedures and deliver continuous improvement where appropriate. To develop departmental initiatives to drive process improvement / efficiency.
- To participate in relevant country/regional committees as required.
Suitable candidate may also be assigned oversight coverage for a country/branch in AO region (“overseas unit”) where he/she will support ACO Management in ensuring regional and global standards are applied, and providing ACO Management a consistent view of compliance risks across the region via, inter alia:
- Support and oversight of country Compliance Office of the overseas unit in managing and mitigating compliance risks, and strengthening the local compliance framework. Provide advice and training as required.
- Review of overseas unit’s CRA/MI results and action/remediation plans to ensure significant compliance issues are being highlighted and addressed on a timely basis.
- Conduct of regular dialogues with CO of the overseas unit and onsite visits.
- Performance appraisal of CO and evaluation of the compliance component of the overseas AO unit under the Global Balance Score Card framework.
- To support, coach and guide juniors in the team.
- To take on projects/initiatives or additional responsibilities,
- Degree qualified, with at least 8 years of relevant experience at a financial institution or regulator. Candidates with a proven track record in an advisory or regulatory compliance role in global markets &/or corporate banking will be considered favourably.
- In-depth knowledge of Core Compliance issues and risks and MAS requirements including the Banking Act, Securities and Futures Act and Financial Advisers Act, and their application to global markets &/or corporate banking business.
- Excellent analytical skills and demonstrable ability to make sound judgment based on imperfect information.
- Strong communications skills, written and verbal, and ability to influence and manage a wide range of stakeholders.
- Ability to work collaboratively with compliance colleagues in ACO to support the business and deliver the function.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.