Head of HR, Asia Pacific ex-Japan
LaSalle Investment Management is one of the world’s leading real estate investment managers. With presence in 16 countries worldwide, we manage approximately $73.4 billion (as of H1 2021) of private and public property equity investments. Our diverse client base includes public and private pension funds, insurance companies, governments, endowments and private individuals from across the globe. Unlike many investment management firms, we invest only in real estate and therefore have a unique focus and depth of expertise in the sector. Our primary objective is to deliver competitive performance while striving to achieve the highest levels of client service.
LaSalle offers specialised real estate services to meet changing client expectations & market conditions. With an established presence in, and an intimate knowledge of, local real estate & capital markets worldwide, LaSalle creates value for clients by addressing their local, regional & global needs as well as their broader business, strategic, operating and financial goals.
LaSalle has innovative thought leadership and prides itself in a ‘client-first’ mentality, striving for exceptional client satisfaction through the highest level of service. LaSalle is a wholly-owned independent subsidiary of JLL (Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated), a leading, global, professional services specializing in real estate & listed on the NYSE. JLL and LaSalle are characterised by their growth orientation, operational excellence, financial strength, premium brand, collaborative culture and high ethical standards.
Reporting Line: This role reports to the Asia Pacific Chief Operationg Officer and will work closely with the COO in overseeing the daily administration and operations of LaSalle’s Asia Pacific business which currently operates in six countries.
This role is based in Singapore.
‘Hands-on’ management of the following including:
- Ensuring adherence to processes, procedures and internal controls, and developing these through the Asia Pacific business.
- Leading the annual operational audit across the region.
- Managing Asia Pacific Enterprise Risk Management Strategy.
- Managing Business Analysis activities to identify operational process improvements.
- Managing Internal reporting to highlight key exceptions and recommendations leading to implementation and continuous improvement;
- Supporting on-boarding of new client (and portfolio) ‘wins’ into the LaSalle business platform;
- Front and Centre on new and prospective Third party Operational Due Diligence and RFPs – representing the AP platform.
- Developing ‘Data Governance’ protocols in conjunction with the Performance Measurement Analyst.
- Overseeing Business Continuity Planning and Testing.
- Developing strong relationships across the business to promote the operations, controls and underlying platform to support (and maximise) business winning opportunities
- Working effectively across business units and act as an internal consultant to support the business on a wide variety of assignments and projects. Execute projects from initiation through completion.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Busines Administration, Technology, Finance, Economics, Real Estate, Knowledge Management
- Minimum 8 -10 years’ of experience in real estate or asset mangaemnet back-mid office operations
- Strong business and technical knowledge of the real estate, property, asset & fund management business and key enterprise systems supporting such operations
- Commercial mindset and Strong interpersonal & managerial skills – a ‘trusted business partner’.
- Good problem solving, project management and analytical skills – with a ‘can-do’, change management mind-set.
- Self-motivated /takes initiative, pro-active with a ‘client-service’ mentality whether internal or external ‘clients’
- Hard working, ability to meet deadlines and multi-task
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Proficiency in other languages will be an added advantage.
Visit us at LaSalle.com