Vice President - Big Data & Analytics Architect
- Citi's APAC & EMEA Consumer Bank Engineering and Architecture(E&A) function is responsible for strategic and operational management of the technology environment supporting Citi's Global Consumer Technology (GCT) function. Key responsibilities of the GCT E&A include: enterprise architecture governance; technology innovation, strategy and roadmap development; software development technology, process and design standards; collaboration and execution with development operations (devops) strategy and operational management and optimization of infrastructure in conjunction with CTI
- Data and Information Architecture will be comprised of domain experts who are specifically focused on the architecture and strategy pertaining to Consumer Banking products like Retail/Wealth, Cards/Customer and Lending/Utilities, Risk and Payments focusing on Processing using standard exposition.
- The person starting in this role will be a Senior Architect responsible for the Data & Information domain across APAC & EMEA Retail/Wealth, Credit Cards and Lending lines of businesses and architecting linkages with other sectors. The selected candidate will orchestrate a forward looking technology plan to provide market-competitive (or differentiated as needed) capability at optimal speed and/or total cost of ownership. Specifically, the Senior Architect is expected to develop market insight, perform competitive assessments, understand and inform business and technology strategy, document the reference architecture and maintain a roadmap of capability that align with Business drivers and investments. The Senior Architect will have a strategic view for their domain while influencing other investment decisions and drive execution of the roadmap pertaining to Data and Analytics Domain
This role reports to the APAC / EMEA Regional Data and Information Architecture Head.
- Maintain and apply a broad and current industry perspective on technology trends/opportunities, alternate solution providers and ranking, leading practices and our position/capability/performance relative to direct competitors and parallel industries/organizations. Ensure technology roadmaps are developed within the context of expected market developments and the opportunities/threats they present.
- Demonstrate technology thought leadership, foster productive business relationships and build strong sponsorship of our technology architecture and roadmap. Understand and influence business strategy, ensuring it's informed by current and emerging technology capability and supported by our architecture and roadmap.
- Maintain domain Level comprehensive technology roadmaps encompassing application and related infrastructure services that are consistent with the reference architecture and phased in accordance with business priorities, investment and risk appetite and regulatory, risk and compliance requirements.
- Maintain a comprehensive view of current and forecast domain economics (e.g. run cost trend, expected investment and potential impairments). Ensure roadmaps support business and technology financial objectives. Highlight and mitigate financial risks.
- Provide domain leadership within regional architecture forums, ensuring the reference architecture and roadmap for data and analytics domain are informed by practical requirements and that design decisions remain consistent with the architecture and roadmap; ensure appropriate governance of exceptions and stringent follow-up to ensure all conditions of approval are met within the committed timeframe.
- Foster a strong regionally aligned solution architect/design community with intimate knowledge of reference architecture and roadmap, and oversee a governance process that will ensure reference architecture and roadmaps remain relevant within regional context and central to individual investment and project decisions.
- Ensure early engagement of partner organizations (e.g. Citi Engineering) in the development of the reference architecture and roadmap. Ensure planned capability can be satisfied by partner organizations within the timeframe required. Assist in managing the consistency of partner organizations across regions.
- Develop talent in Data and Information Architecture team and partner organizations such as engineering and delivery teams; develop a learning environment; demonstrate teamwork, respect and collaboration across the CTO function and other partner organizations, and foster a culture of innovation, commercial savvy, dependability, pragmatism and excellence.
- Ensure all regulatory, compliance and internal control requirements are met, while maintaining a measured view of risk affecting all areas of Engineering and Architecture responsibility and structured and visible plans for mitigation of this risk
- Drive capability reuse with point of convergence as success measure. Partner with product engineering heads to develop Data and Analytics domain roadmaps, adoption of real time streaming platform/Hadoop platform as well as Cloud-based SaaS/PaaS/IaaS offerings.
- Drive Cloud adoption and leverage cloud enabled technologies and toolset for Data and Analytics domain
Qualifications & Required Experience:
- 10+ years in senior technology/engineering leadership roles within financial services or a related industry; specific experience in strategy development, enterprise and/or solution architecture and systems integration in a complex distributed environment employing a mix of modern and legacy technologies
- Comprehensive functional and technical knowledge within the assigned or related domain developed through practical experience in defining and delivering technology solutions within a global and diverse financial services environment
- Current and deep Data and Analytics domain market insights. In-depth hands on knowledge in Confluent Kafka based streaming platform, Cloudera Hadoop based analytical platform and cloud technologies (SaaS, PaaS and IaaS)
- Strongly developed strategic, analytical and communication skills evidenced by experience in formulating strategic scenarios, evaluating trade-offs within a robust commercial framework, developing related financial models and designing practical execution plans.
- Practical experience in architecture roles within a complex commercial environment including assisting in setting architectural principles, helping define the reference architecture, building technology roadmaps aligned with business plans and helping to institute governance to ensure alignment of investment to strategy/architecture.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; proven ability to engage and influence technology and business stakeholders at most levels within an organization on complex technical and commercial concepts.
- Proven ability to assist in attracting, developing, engaging and sustaining world-class engineering/technical talent; build collaborative higher performing teams and foster a culture of innovation and excellence.
- Experience in leading and delivery of Kafka/Hadoop based platforms
- Knowledge of and experience in current technologies including SaaS/PaaS/IaaS, Micro Services, Containers, RESTful API's, Big Data, Data Analytics, Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning
- Experience with Python and Machine Learning Models leveraging H2O.ai, R or SAS is a plus
- Experience in Customer Journey Analytics, Marketing Decision Engines, Salesforce is a plus
- Experience in formulating and executing commercial arrangements for products and/or services
- Broad financial expertise with knowledge of corporate affairs, financial and economic fundamentals, and business policies, products, processes, systems and roles
Successful candidate will possess the following leadership/personal qualities:
- Be creative, energetic and passionate, driven by the desire to achieve a world-class standard of performance and exceptional customer experience
- Be an intelligent risk taker, someone who challenges the status quo, operates across boundaries and seeks win-win outcomes
- Possess uncompromising ethics, unwavering integrity and the confidence and conviction to live and uphold the values of Citi
- Be decisive and balanced in decision making; balancing strategic vs. tactical and risk vs. cost vs. speed to arrive at pragmatic and sustainable solutions.
- Span boundaries to draw into Citi the best possible insight, experience and technology capability from current and potential partner organizations.
- Be disciplined in execution; retaining tight governance over multiple dimensions of performance; ensuring commitments are understood and met.
- Be an outstanding leader of people able to create a compelling vision and deeply engage, inspire and motivate people to achieve beyond their own expectations.
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Masters degree
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required. Job Family Group:
Technology Job Family:
Architecture Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting