Our client is an international asset management and private equity house. This position is based in SINGAPORE.
- Assess the strategic risks that the company and its investment portfolio of assets is exposed to, specifically focused on a longer time horizon relevant to the holding company rather than the short-term view generally seen in the financial services sector. Candidates must therefore demonstrate a track record of strategic judgments in the setting of a long term horizon, for example projecting risk in a systematic and qualitative manner over a decade and testing portfolios on the basis of a range of market, geopolitical, societal or other (threat) scenarios. The assessment of the risk profile should be linked seamlessly into applications, including support of debate of risk strategy and risk appetite; design and implementation of early warning indicators, contingency plans; design or preventive actions or guidance on institutional setup against vulnerabilities. In addition to readily quantifiable risks, you will support the review of key qualitative risks and support their prioritisation process, reporting and management.
- Provide a risk lense to the thematic investment process and support monitoring of key investment themes that have been used in portfolio construction, with an aim to support early intervention on evolving risks and refresh of investment themes in line with market, geopolitical and societal changes.
- For large investments with relevance to portfolio concentrations you will support development of a “bridge” between portfolio perspective and fundamentals valuation, to ensure that portfolio risk drivers are adequately reflected in the decision support on core concentrated investments. You will support development of monitoring dashboards that allow decision support to increase/decrease core holdings in line with macro developments vs market valuations.
The role entails quantitative and qualitative analysis in support of the above, and generation of reports for senior management.
To succeed in this role, you will require the following demonstrable skills and attributes:
- At least 6-8 years of relevant experience: ideally in a combination of valuation / fundamentals assessment of individual investments/companies and the assessment of a portfolio of investments.
- For the portfolio perspective this can be in strategy, risk management, portfolio management or macro planning functions in leading banks, institutional investors, holding companies or related strategy consulting or risk consulting.
- For the assessment of individual investments this can be as a buy-side or sell-side analyst or as part of a due diligence support consulting role.
- Able to design qualitative and quantitative analysis related to stress testing, macro- economic planning, portfolio risk and return reporting and other top down portfolio reporting and able to combine this with bottom up understanding of investments in a concentrated portfolio. Practical experience in advising front office teams to ensure impact and / or implementation of recommendations. Experience in Asia is preferred, but not a requirement.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to influence and work as partner with front office teams
- Maturity and influencing skills to partner with senior management and influence
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – able to draft convincing business and impact oriented reports and able to explain complex issues in an easy to understand manner.
- Able to work self-directed and keen to step up – comfortable to engage proactively with senior management
- Team player
- Must possess strong problem-solving skills and be able to work in fast evolving landscapes. Must be able to link quantitative insights to business recommendations and impact
- Must possess strong analytic skills – flawless analysis and strong ability to structure analysis; grounded in reality
- Flexible to adapt to changing scope of work
- Singapore-based candidates are highly preferred
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org