Vice President/Assistant Vice President, ARP Product Risk Control (PRC) - Global Transaction Services (GTS)
- Permanent, Full time
- DBS Bank Limited
- 25 Sep 17
See job description for details
Global Transaction Services (GTS) comprises of Cash & Trade, Securities Services and Fiduciary Services.
In an increasingly borderless world marked by burgeoning trade flow, expertise in trade finance services is an invaluable asset. With cash the lifeblood of every company, so too, is a good understanding of how to manage these cashflows. Trade Finance, together with Cash Management, is the mainstay of GTS, and is extended to SME and corporate clients for their local and cross-border financial transaction needs.
In Cash & Trade, you will be part of the product management team that provides seamless and cost-effective solutions to customers. Whether it is through conducting market research, or by enhancing a product or system's features to meet customers' needs, you will have every opportunity to shape the business. You will also be exposed to a myriad of Trade and Cash Management products through various marketing campaigns and joint visits with our relationship managers.
- To carry out functions relating to client account management, debt management and portfolio product risk management activities;
- Responsible for smooth and timely implementation of new ARP clients;
- Manage the day to day activities pertaining to client account management;
- To control and monitor the client portfolio from product risk perspective;
- To assist the SG PRC Team Lead in suggesting improvements, developing and implementing ARP system with the aim of improving operating efficiencies and align to market standards and product offerings;
- To carry out functions relating to product risk management and control on a Group Level.
- Assist the Team Lead to create and implement a robust Portfolio Product Risk Control framework for scalable product control;
- Monitor on a periodic basis the product risk of the client accounts and the portfolio. This should involve the below broad activities:
- Periodic Analysis of Client Accounts during reviews to analyse the product risks (Eg: Dilution Risk, Dispute Risk, Overdues, etc);
- To analyse & escalate early warning signals to RM/CRM and take Corrective actions well in advance (Eg. Direct Payments from Debtor to Client, High Value Credit Notes, etc);
- Analyze Field Survey’s (for existing clients at annual reviews) to assess the factorability of Client;
- Ensure timely renewal of Credit Insurance Policy for client held policies (where applicable);
- Provide timely reporting on overdue to Insurer and RMs/CRMs.
- Liaise and follow up with new ARP clients on documentation required for client and debtor account creation
- Ensure that ARP documents are executed for facility activation
- Work with internal stake holders on account creations in factoring system and bespoke work flows (if required)
- Provide requirements/ suggest improvements in the development and implementation of ARP risk control system, with the aim of improving product risk control and management; and operating efficiencies.
- Overview and oversight of the Group ARP Portfolio across all locations via regular reporting on a country portfolio;
- Provide guidance & training to all locations on ARP processes, system functionalities and product related matters, with the aim of improving the processes.
- A good bachelors degree from a relevant discipline;
- At least 10 years of ARP product knowledge;
- Experience with ARP product system will be highly advantageous;
- Preferably with Trade Credit Insurance knowledge;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong team player.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.