- Up to SGD100000.0 per annum
- Temporary, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 08 Jan 18
Valuation Control Analyst (12 months contract)
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Up to SGD100000.0 per annum
- Job Type: Full time
We are currently looking for a Senior Analyst - Syndicated Loans Valuations Control (fixed term contract). Scope & Purpose The main function of this role will be to independently assess the valuation of all loan positions within the Corporate Finance and Syndications businesses.
1) Establish robust valuation control procedures for all loans portfolios and related credit products
2) Perform periodic valuation reviews for the portfolio covered - loans & credit portfolios
3) Interact with internal and external stakeholders representing the portfolios covered including, but not limited to, external and internal auditors, front office, regulators, etc.
4) Perform any ad hoc requests by management.
1. A first class finance / Valuation Control division, which continually seeks to challenge and improve standards.
2. Driving closer alignment between Product Control and Valuation control.
3. Positioning of Valuation Control as a more business focused function with a strong understanding of the business and its drivers.
4. A strong internal control environment, which will ensure the business continues to grow in a stable and well controlled manner.
1) Few years of work experience in valuation or product control covering loans and/or credit products
2) Strong understanding of loan/ credit markets with a focus on Asia, Middle East and Africa
3) Strong sense of integrity and financial independence
4) Detailed product knowledge, fully conversant with industry and accounting issues, valuation techniques, liquidity and risk issues etc.
5) A Bachelors degree in a finance related field (Accounting, business administration, economics, finance); advanced degree a plus
6) Knowledge of IAS is a plus
7) Strong communication (especially report writing) skills
8) Strong excel skills
9) Team player
We are committed to releasing your full potential, allowing you to continue to make a positive contribution. This role could be the next step in your career journey. Apply Now.