VP / Assistant VP, Analyst, Business Banking Analytics Credit Risk Modeling
Posting Date: 27-Nov-2019
Location: Raffles Place, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
Business Banking Analytics is part of a wider Risk and Decision Management Division that is responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring risk and marketing models for UOB's Group Retail Bank, which covers exposures to both individuals (Personal Financial Services ("PFS")) and retail Sm all and Medium Enterprises (Business Banking ("BB")). Specifically, the division is responsible for Basel credit models, retail scorecards, pre-campaign analyses, post-campaign evaluation, as well as portfolio analytics, management and reporting. The division is also responsible for supporting the Retail Bank's risk and marketing datamart and related systems. Our mission is to drive decision making based on value analytics throughout the customer value chain. Job Responsibilities
The role is based in Singapore and will report to the Business Banking Analytics team lead, who in turn reports to the Head of Risk and Decision Management. The candidate is responsible for developing, implementing, validating and monitoring risk scorecards and Basel credit models, as well as overall risk management of BB portfolios in Singapore and the region.
- Develop, maintain and enhance Basel credit risk models and retail scorecards to support credit risk and performance management of Business Banking portfolios regionally
- Support the development of credit rating models for customers sourced through Ecosystem partnerships, using alternative sources of data from our partners. Close collaboration with both internal stakeholders and external partners is critical to the success of these initiatives
- Generate, analyse and monitor portfolio risk and capital reports, scorecard performance reports and booking profiles. Provide ad-hoc credit risk analyses to business managers, senior management and other key stakeholders
- Drive the use of scorecard and Basel models in customer acquisition, portfolio management, collections and other areas of the credit cycle, through regular engagement with business managers, credit approvers, collections team and other stakeholders
- Support UAT and deployment of models, as well as analytics datamart enhancement initiatives
- Conduct research on industry trends in machine learning techniques, evaluate and recommend feasibility of such models that meet FEAT principles
Be a part of UOB Family
- A good degree in Banking & Finance, Financial Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, or equivalent
- At least 5 years of experience in credit risk model development/validation, or similar analytic roles in a retail banking environment. Experience in small business segment is favourable
- Sound understanding of statistical hypothesis testing concepts and techniques
- Strong computing skills: SAS - Programming, Enterprise Guide, Enterprise Miner; SQL and database familiarity; MS Office applications, including advanced spreadsheet functionalities. Competency in R, Python and VBA will be an added advantage
- Excellent communicator (verbal and written) and highly meticulous. Able to work independently with minimal supervision
Apply now and make a difference.