VP / AVP, Senior Data Scientist, DBS Transformation Group
Business Function Here at the DBS Transformation Group, we focus on nurturing the culture of the "World's Best Digital Bank" (Euromoney, 2016 & 2018) and Best Bank in the World (Euromoney 2019). Our approach is a combination of both science and art; we immerse our stakeholders in the world of design thinking and experimentation, drive rigorous creativity along our pipeline, and build connections between corporate entrepreneurs and start-ups. We are a cross-disciplinary team focused on the invention of solutions that will radically improve the way people live, work and play. We are passionate and committed to making banking joyful (while having lots of fun)!
The senior data scientist in Analytic Centre of Excellence (ACOE) will have opportunities to work on huge varieties of problems across sales and marketing, customer management, revenue optimization, risk prevention, operations efficiency, network monitoring, AML and many more other areas.
The senior data scientist will assist the leadership in both analysing and formulating the business problems as well as identifying and developing the analytics solution.
- Work with business and tech to develop end-to-end advanced analytics solutions, from problem formulation, data sourcing to developing and deploying the solution into production
- Work with tech to continue improving the enterprise analytics platform, tooling and reusable assets
- Work with analytics community to continue develop advanced analytics capabilities, drive adoption of best-in-class techniques and practices
- Coach junior members
- Advanced degree with strong focus in machine learning, data mining or statistical / mathematical modelling with deep theoretical knowledge with machine learning and statistical modelling.
- 10+ years relevant working experience (or 5+ years' experience for candidate holding PhD in relevant areas)
- Practical experience in solving complex problems using scientific methods and modelling approach using experimental, statistical, machine learning and visualization techniques
- Full stack data science experience covering end-to-end problem formulation, developing training pipeline and deploying solution to production
- Familiarity with developing machine learning pipelines following dev practice such as versioning, branching, merging, linting, testing and writing codes in structured and modularized way
- Able to analyse business needs, articulate the solution framework including the model output, business decision and potential impact to drive the adoption of the solution
- Solid written and oral communication skills
- Technical skills: SQL, Python, PySpark, ML packages and tools
- Practical experience of Cloud based analytics tools will be a plus
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.