VP / AVP, Scrum Master, Group Consumer Banking and Big Data Analytics Technology, Technology & Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Responsibilities
- Drivesâ€¯outcomesâ€¯byâ€¯facilitatingâ€¯agile ceremoniesâ€¯to maintain the disciplineâ€¯
- Represents the team atâ€¯Scrum of Scrumâ€¯ceremonies,â€¯and reports impedimentsâ€¯requiringâ€¯escalationâ€¯
- Capturesâ€¯teamâ€¯levelâ€¯agileâ€¯metricsâ€¯for continuous team improvementâ€¯
- Enablesâ€¯the team to make work visible to each otherâ€¯/â€¯stakeholders, and facilitates stakeholder engagement and reviewsâ€¯
- Provides a clearâ€¯cross-team / cross-platform and 3rd party interaction modelâ€¯â€¯
- Ensuresâ€¯dependenciesâ€¯(across team,â€¯upstream / downstream) are understood, and required cross Team delivery is aligned and escalates unresolved dependencies as requiredâ€¯
- Hasâ€¯expertiseâ€¯in the useâ€¯of Enterprise Agile tool stack,â€¯andâ€¯a working knowledge of the toolsâ€¯required to support the Software Engineering Lifecycleâ€¯
- Ensures all impediments to the teams' progress are cleared and the team can focus on their workâ€¯
- Manages risks, and ensures mitigations are identified and driven to resolutionâ€¯
- Builds own knowledge of theâ€¯productâ€¯/ application(s)â€¯the Team deliversâ€¯toâ€¯support the Product Owner with Backlog Managementâ€¯
- Works with the Product Owner and Team to ensure the Product Backlog is "Ready" for the next Sprintâ€¯(meets Definition of Ready)â€¯
- Builds trust within the Teamâ€¯and Stakeholders, by collaborating on shared goalsâ€¯and creatingâ€¯a "Safe-To-Fail" resilient Team cultureâ€¯
- Responsible for making sure the team lives by the values, principles and practices of agileâ€¯
- Coaching the team to employâ€¯agile best practicesâ€¯andâ€¯ensures all tools and methodsâ€¯areâ€¯in place for teams' successâ€¯
- Coachesâ€¯the team for high performanceâ€¯creatingâ€¯a collaborative environment,â€¯and buildingâ€¯aâ€¯continuous improvement mindset within the teamâ€¯
- Protects the team to maintain focusâ€¯on value delivery, reducingâ€¯waste,â€¯preventingâ€¯over committingâ€¯and/orâ€¯complacency, and ensuringâ€¯space forâ€¯innovationâ€¯
- Ensuresâ€¯the Teams successes and failures are celebratedâ€¯
- Actively seeks and participates in a variety ofâ€¯Learning Opportunitiesâ€¯such as Communities of Practice, Conferences, classroom training, and independent study toâ€¯further develop self and community
- Strong Communication skills to communicate with operations and business effectively.
- Emotionally resilient with good negotiation skills
- Ability to apply general organizational knowledge of the business and systems processes in problem analysis is required.
- Ability to lead and negotiate business solutions that balance technical capability, cost, and time, against business need is required.
- Must exhibit confidence and an extensive knowledge of emerging industry practices when solving business problems.
- Ability to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously is required.
- Must possess strong leadership skills and generate enthusiasm among stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently with users to define concepts, under direction of project managers is required.
- Must possess strong analytical, organizational and product management skills.
- Ability to communicate difficult sensitive information tactfully is required. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, vendors and subject matter experts is required.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.