VP / AVP, SRE Ops Engineer, Data Technology, Technology and Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Responsibilities
- Responsible for implementation and ongoing administration of Hadoop infrastructure.
- Aligning with the systems engineering team to propose and deploy new hardware and software environments required for Hadoop and to expand existing environments.
- Working with data delivery teams to setup new Hadoop users.
- Setting up Linux users, setting up Kerberos principals and testing HDFS, Hive, Spark and MapReduce access for the new users.
- Cluster maintenance as well as creation and removal of nodes using tools like Grafana, Cloudera Manager Enterprise. Performance tuning of Hadoop clusters and Hadoop MapReduce routines.
- Screen Hadoop cluster job performances and capacity planning Monitor Hadoop cluster connectivity and security Manage and review Hadoop log files.
- Working closely with the infrastructure, network, database, application and business intelligence teams to guarantee high data quality and availability.
- Collaborating with application teams to install operating system and Hadoop updates, patches, version upgrades when required.
- File system management and monitoring.
- HDFS support and maintenance.
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in SRE Operations.
- High-level analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good project management and communication skills.
- Experience with big data technology - Hadoop, HDFS, MapReduce, Spark, Hive
- Can work under dynamic change environment and have the right attitude to learn and implement.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.