VP / AVP, Portfolio Risk Manager (Factoring), Group Transaction Banking
Posting Date: 28-Oct-2020
Location: Raffles Place, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Wholesale Bank
function operates a dynamic business model that provides financial services and solutions to help our clients achieve their strategic business objectives. Our mission is to become the premier-provider of banking services and solutions for Asia-based commercial banking companies (small medium enterprises), large corporations, financial institutions as well as multinational corporations. Our coverage teams work in full alignment with specialised teams across Transaction Banking, Investment Banking, Global Markets and Group Retail to deliver seamless solutions to our clients. Job Responsibilities
1) Identify accounts with overdrawn amounts or excesses and investigate the cause for such status. Follow up with Relationship Manager and ensure that the accounts are duly rectified before they become classified.
2) Review the conduct of the account in terms of payment experience and dilution rate and highlight the presence of any key risk concerns so that prompt remedial actions may be taken by Relationship Manager to minimize risk exposure for the Bank.
3) Follow up on collections status of past due invoices vis-à-vis making contacts with debtors/clients as the case may be and provide prompt feedback on the overdue/payment / disputes status to BU for their necessary attention. Perform debts verification with approved debtors.
4) Perform reconciliation of accounts to ensure that all invoices/credit notes and collections are duly accounted for in our records. Report on indirect payments or items that are not in accordance with our standard Terms & Conditions.
5) Perform monitoring of Contract Financing deals to ensure milestone billings are in order and payment are forthcoming.
6) Manage the Trade Credit Insurance Policy with the Bank Credit Insurance Provider.
7) Assist with the Bank's own Trade Credit Insurance Policy in terms of Sales Declaration, overdue notification, claims submissions, credit limit applications, etc.
8) Assist with FCI matters including but not limiting to correspondences via edifactoring.com system
9) Assist with the Account Management aspects of the Factoring portfolio. Job Requirements
Be a part of UOB Family
- Bachelor Degree in Business or any relevant discipline
- At least 3 years of working experience dealing with factoring product.
- Process an in-depth knowledge of factoring concepts/ laws, regulations and industry best practices.
- Previous experience in similar role, especially that of an account manager for factoring is an advantage; Credit experience will be a plus
- A highly-motivated self-starter with strong analytical, interpersonal, negotiation and organisation skill.
- Strong writing, presentation and communication skills with good spoken and written English
- Excellent stakeholder management experience
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.