VP / AVP, Mainframe Storage Specialist, Technology & Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Job Objective
Resilient, application-centric infrastructure architecture powers the Best Bank of the World. Infrastructure team must collaborate closely with all stakeholders, especially infrastructure and application teams, to co-design infrastructure solutions to meet complex and ambiguous requirements.To meet the demand from stakeholders, DBS Bank is looking for Subject Matter Experts (SME) who have deep technical expertise in at least one or more areas of mainframe and storage. Knowledge of EMC Storage will be an added advantage. This role is an experienced technologist who has a holistic view of infrastructure needs of business, and able to provide level 3 devop support for infrastructure operation teams and technical consultancy for cross-domain projects, lead teams of specific domain SMEs to co-develop solutions in meeting ambiguous business needs, and communicate with senior technology stakeholders to meet business objectives. Ideally, this role leads to be recognized as a DBS Distinguished Engineer or DBS Fellow. Responsibilities
- Level 3 SME for Mainframe infrastructure support, specialising in Storage operations.
- Technical consultant for business problems and communicate with senior management (and sometimes business stakeholders) on merits of solution.
- Lead teams of domain specific SMEs and act as a governor for changes relating to the system.
- Co-ordinate between vendors and manage the end to end project life cycle, including solution design, defining the scope of implementation, preparing financial case for management approval, overseeing project implementation, ensuring successful delivery of project and smooth transitioning into BAU.
- Ability to work in challenging environments under time pressure.
- To achieve high degree of availability and performance for mainframe and storage infrastructure.
- To develop and deliver automation products to remove toils and improve capabilities of Infrastructure operation.
- To produce technical design and solution meeting project requirements.
Requirements Education and Relevant Experience
- This job requires to work with regional infrastructure and application teams in the major countries where the technology applies (SG and HK) for support and consultancy.
Functional / Technical Competencies
- Candidate should preferably be a university graduate, although non-university graduates may be considered, and with deep technical knowledge in one or more areas of mainframe and storage.
- Candidate should have at least 10 years of relevant working experience in support and/or consultancy for one or more of above technology domains.
Apply Now We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
- In-depth technical knowledge and working skill in one or more technical domains - Mainframe and Storage.
- Experience as a level 3 support for Mainframe Storage.
- Experience in technical design and solutioning for SAN environment.
- Experience in Disaster recovery solutions for Mainframe.
- Experience in Performance management for storage.
- Experience in Automation and Scripting.
- Broad technical knowledge in other technical areas outside one's expertise.
- Eager to learn and hands-on new technology.
- Knowledge and experience on Agile and Kanban methodology.