VP / AVP, Lead Engineer - Non-Functional Test, Group Consumer Banking and Big Data Analytics Technology, Technology and Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
The selected candidate is required to take on the Lead Engineer role for non-functional tests, CHAOS test, performance test, capacity sizing in an Agile DevOps environment. Profile is to work with everyone in the team to improve and build quality into the product as early as possible. Responsibilities
- Devise test objectives, analyse requirements, develop test strategies and plans for performance and non-functional test.
- Draft the performance test plan and update the test plan for review to manager.
- Involve in Preparation of performance test data.
- Develop the performance test script using LoadRunner/JMeter for all the identified Performance testing scenarios
- Execute the various performance tests including Load test, stress test, endurance test, capacity test.
- Capture and analyse performance test metrics.
- Review test results captured from load runner and monitoring tool, support the identification of performance issues and make recommendations to stakeholders
- Handle the performance testing support activities as required
- Problem-solving and good analytical skills
- Actively acquire information from stakeholders rather than relying entirely on written Specs
- Actively participate in inception, daily stand-ups and retrospective meeting & represent testing
- Accurately evaluate and report test results, test progress, and product quality
- Collaborate within the team, working in pairs with programmers and other team members
- Respond to change quickly, including changing, adding, or improving test cases
- Ensure continuous integration for testing code and implement continuous testing
- Risk and Issue Management - Identify, mitigate and escalate testing risks and issues
- Monitor the readiness of test environments (including interfaces and data setup) for each test stage.
- Performance testing using JMeter / Load Runner
- API testing (using SoapUI, JUnit, Karate, Postman or similar)
- Microservices contract testing
- Experience using a broad range of test automation frameworks (e.g. Protractor, Cucumber, JUnit or similar)
- 7+ years of experience in performance testing area
- Knowledge of planning and performing Chaos Engineering experiments
- Good Hands-on knowledge on performance test tool HP Performance Center/Load Runner/JMeter
- Hands-on experience in continuous Integration (CI) pipelines using Jenkins and git lab and Continuous Testing (CT) to streamline QA
- Experience in continuous testing and BDD
- Good experience with SDLC practices of Agile, Behavioural and Test-Driven Development (Lean, Scrum, XP or similar)
- Experience in the field of financial/banking applications testing and testing on large complex projects/programmes as a lead or manager
- Strong technical knowledge - able to code in one or more scripting language
- Experience in test automation and developing automation frameworks from scratch
- Experience automating testing in multiple technologies - Java, Spring Boot,
- Experience with Agile & Testing Tools like HPALM, UFT, JIRA, Confluence would be an advantage
- Familiar with open source testing frameworks
- Experience with VB scripting, REST and MS Excel scripting would be an advantage
- Experience of working on agile projects and deliveries
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.