VP / AVP, Development Manager, Core Banking, Group Banking Technology
Posting Date: 04-Sep-2020
Location: Alexandra Road, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Responsibilities
- Work with a team of subject matter experts, business analysts, architects and software developers to deliver projects and change requests. Provide solutions, cost estimates, functional and design specifications
- Manage business stakeholders expectation and establish best or alternative solutions that are feasible within the technology and timeline constraints
- Review solution design and effort estimates from the team and prioritize projects and change requests assigned to the team
- Drive consistency in solution design and delivery across applications and development teams
- Manage delivery of initiatives - projects and change request. Responsible for planning, manage vendor and in-house development, solutioning, implementing and maintaining software applications systems.
- Drive adoption of methods (E.g. Agile) and industry practices to improve quality and productivity outcomes
- Select, train, develop and manage technical team members in a conducive team environment
- Lead multi-vendor teams to successfully deliver solutions, manage multi-vendor teams to work amicably to support the bank's commitments
- Work with Test manager to formulate comprehensive system test plan aligned with project scope/Change request, quality requirements and targets
- Anticipate and resolve any development issues or risks either independently or together with the relevant stakeholders and propose alternative solutions as necessary
- Resolve issues ensuring escalation and communication to stakeholders as necessary
- Lead or contribute to cross-team improvement initiatives relating to methods, tools, people, architecture, project management and governance
- Keep abreast of technology trends in application development
Be a part of UOB Family
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Engineering
- Minimum 8 years of working experience in application development and implementation, particularly in ecommerce / customer statements / advices / letters-related projects
- Working experience in application development using Java, .NET, UNIX scripting
- Minimum 5 years of working experience working with LUW (Linux, UNIX systems / Wintel) platforms; knowledge with AS400 stack is a plus.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in an Application Development Manager role for large/complex projects involving various technologies
- Working experience with Pitney Bowes solutions (Doc1Generate, Vault, Spectrum, EngageOne Suite) is an advantage
- Experience in managing vendor project implementations
- Extensive exposure with project SDLC methodology - initiation, planning, tracking, requirement analysis, design, development, testing, implementation on open system
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills - demonstrating outside-the-box problem solving skills. Must be attentive to details.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- A strong and assertive communicator in speaking and writing
Apply now and make a difference.