VP, Test Engineer, Test Engineering
VP, Test Engineer, Test Engineering
Posting Date: 22-Nov-2021
Location: SG, Alexandra
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Responsibilities
- Support the delivery of the test engineering strategy across bank in-line with leading practices covering automation, performance testing etc.
- Support the test automation framework for functional testing using the tool Tosca in collaboration with the testing service providers and also responsible for supporting its on-going maintenance.
- Support non-functional testing using the tool Load runner, in collaboration with the testing service providers and also responsible for supporting its on-going maintenance.
- Support and maintain the infrastructure related to the testing tools
- Maintain the access controls to the testing tools and the testing tool infrastructure
- Deliver test engineering support for various delivery methodologies including Waterfall, Agile and DevOps initiatives.
- Ensuring knowledge management is effectively institutionalised including maintaining and moderating the content of knowledge management tools.
- Support the increased coverage of automation by providing inputs on the tool capabilities to achieve target transformation benefits.
- Support the best practices adoption in tool usage
- Co-ordinate with the testing tool vendors to understand the latest features of the tools and plan upgrades in the bank
- Work with the GTO's appointed test service providers to understand the additional features required in the tools and co-ordinate with the tool vendors to bring in the new features to the bank
- Support the researching and study for relevant testing tools which can bring in improvement in quality/productivity/efficiency in testing
- Work with tools vendors and project testing team when there is a need to build a customisation and be responsible to get the customisation delivered and maintained
- Interface with different teams within the bank for test engineering problem solving
Be a part of UOB Family
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's degree in computer engineering or related field.
- Proven working experience in Test Engineering, or equivalent role with at least 7 to 10 years relevant experience in large and complex organisations preferably in the area of Banking and Finance and at least 5 years' test automation system architecture design and implementation.
- Proven experience with design & implementation of testing tools, automation framework, processes & methodologies, supporting the various delivery methodologies e.g. Agile, Hybrid Agile and Waterfall, DevOps.
- Experience in test environment management support
- Good understanding of market leading tools e.g. TOSCA, Loadrunner, Appium etc,
- Experience in working in multi-cultural, diverse and remote virtual teams.
- Strong attention to details, excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent client facing, internal communications, written and verbal communication skills.
- Tosca certifications AS1,AS2,TDS1,TDS2 will be mandatory
- Testing or quality certifications, PMP certifications, and Test Maturity Model integration (TMMi) Framework awareness will be preferred.
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.