VP, Technical Delivery Manager, Core Banking, Group Technology
Posting Date: 06-Oct-2021
Location: Alexandra Road, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Responsibilities
As a Technical Delivery Manager (TDM) for Core Banking, he/she is responsible to collaborate, engage and work with stakeholders from project inception, analysis, design, development, testing to pre- and post-deployment phases. Key objective is to ensure good quality and smooth delivery of core banking enhancements that are fully in compliance with mandated framework and guidelines. Role will involve management of project technical delivery with a view for end-to-end flow, requirements management, active engagement/participation in design and development, management of testing requirements; and planning for deployment and support.
1. Project delivery management
- Plan technical deliverables (including any system enhancements and upgrades) to meet Project's requirements within allocated budget
- Manage and coordinate across different application teams to manage technical dependencies of the solution
- Monitor and manage risks/issues related to technical delivery
- Provide status update related to technical delivery
- Report to Program and/or Project Manager for the strategic programs
2. Requirement management
- Partner with Functional Business Analysts, System Analysts & subject matter experts to understand and implement functional and technical requirements
- Provide systems input to specification phase (e.g., effort estimates, high-level delivery plan) based on impact assessment
3. Design and development
- Partner with Domain Architects, Development Manager, and Security Architect to ensure solution design complies with enterprise design principles, security and control standards
- Partner with Development Manager in managing application teams to build the enhancements
4. Test management
- Partner with Test Manager to ensure completion of SIT, UAT testing, performance/load testing and application security testing with quality results
- Work with IT Security team to facilitate completion of penetration testing and remediation of findings in accordance with Mitigation Plan
5. Implementation management
- Prepare technical implementation plan across application teams
- Coordinate technical implementation activities across application teams to ensure production cutover and adequate post-implementation support
Be a part of UOB Family
- Bachelor's Degree in related Information Technology disciplines
- Relevant Experience in Banking / Information Technology
- Knowledge in demand and time deposits domain of core banking platform in wholesale and/or retail banking industry
- Knowledge in IBM AS400 platform, RPG, CL programming
- Possess strong quantitative, analytical, problem solving and process design skills to translate analysis into solutions that meet business objectives
- Curious person with strong problem solving & analytical skills
- Having open mind set and always keen to learn beyond domains under charge so as to build up more holistic knowledge
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and inter-personal skills to manage technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units
- Able to work independently and have a keen eye on details
- Resourceful team player, who can work on multiple assignments, with minimal guidance
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Results-oriented person with a focus on delivery
- Good understanding and experience in of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Knowledge in Agile development methodology and Silverlake's banking software suite is a plus
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.