VP, Team Lead Compute Service, GTO
- Permanent, Full time
- United Overseas Bank
- 12 Dec 17
VP, Team Lead Compute Service, GTOWe are looking for an highly experience candidate who has a good mixture of technical and leadership qualities to take on the role of a team lead in the Compute Service team. This role will involve planning, management and working closely with all the team members to run, maintain and modernize all UNIX (Solaris, AIX, Linux). platforms within the Shared Infrastructure Services Group.
This position will require strong management and hands-on technical experience. The individual will also require to set guidelines, understand operation best practices and ability to implement good corporate processes, procedures and governance control to the compute services infrastructure in the bank. We are looking for an individual that is able to work in a challenging and demanding environment at all times.
As a team lead for the Computer Service team, you will need to work as a team and manage a variety of UNIX platforms. The team will work closely with other support groups, client teams, developers, DBAs and project managers to define, design and implement systems, networks, security and client access. You'll be responsible for coordinating the day to day efforts of the Computer Service team including providing systems support and system set up for new projects.
• Operating System and third party software installation, upgrades and maintenance
• Installation of hardware and software
• Maintenance and setup of file systems
• Resolve software problems with operating systems or third party products
• File System and Database Backups/restores (Netbackup and TSM knowledge)
• Setup guidelines, process to enhanced current work activity
• Operating System Patching and Performance Monitoring
• Maintenance of system security and compliance setting
• System Configuration management
• Team leadership experience with strong people management skills.
• Manage projects and audit remediation efforts
• Work closely with client teams
• Creation of standardized processes and guidelines for the team
• Provide solid technical solutions and best practices when necessary
. Incident and problem resolution
- Minimum 10 years of experience with installing, implementing and supporting Unix infrastructure is a MUST.
- Excellent people and communication skills
- Strong hands-on experience
- Project management experience on large and complex UNIX deployment.