VP, Team Head, Transaction Surveillance, Group Legal,Compliance & Secretariat
Business Function Group Legal, Compliance & Secretariat ensures that the bank's interests are protected by zealously guarding and enhancing its reputation and capital. We also work to maintain a good standing with all our regulators, customers, and business partners. Because we believe that at the heart of business banking is to uphold the values of trust and integrity for all our stakeholders. Responsibilities
- Provide management oversight of the Transaction Surveillance Operations teams.
- Lead the team to manage complex, multi-jurisdictional AML reviews and investigations.
- Review and assess filing of Suspicious Transaction Reporting (STR)
- Responsible to ensure key risk and operational measurement indicators are met - these includes quality of AML reviews, timeliness of reviews and escalations within SLA and quality of risk decisioning.
- Embrace application of AI/ML and data analytics to identify bad actors for review and escalation
- Contribute to the delivery of the Transaction Surveillance transformation program, strategic uplift and key priority projects specifically to improve controls execution of Transaction Surveillance.
- Proactively identify significant financial crime risk within the Transaction Surveillance processes.
- Proactive identification of control weaknesses within Transaction Surveillance processes managed.
- Act as an SME to highlight new Financial Crime typologies, initiatives and best practices.
- Provide regular and ongoing coaching to improve overall quality of the team.
- Support the coordination of internal/external audits, regulatory inspection and compliance testing.
- Support the Standards & Training and QA teams to uplift the quality and risk awareness within the Transaction Surveillance function, this includes leading training initiatives and quality assurance discussions.
- Work with the various teams within Transactions Surveillance to identify and simplify Surveillance processes.
- Collaborate with other teams within Platforms, Analytics (PASO) and Financial Crimes and Security Services (FCSS) to ensure the best outcomes for the team.
- Keep senior level management regularly updated of significant financial crime risk and control weakness identified.
- Undertake other ad-hoc duties as and when required, e.g. provide statistics and ensure accuracy of data, extract of documents for audit review.
- Maintain a current understanding of money laundering and terrorist financing issues, including policies, procedures, regulations, industry best practices, criminal typologies and developing trends.
Apply Now We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
- Bachelor's Degree or professional qualification in accountancy, finance or related field, professional certifications - ACAMS, ICA preferred
- At least 10 years of related working experience within Financial Crime related functions
- Detailed understanding of effective Financial Crime risk and controls including MAS regulations
- Good team and people management skills - ability to lead individuals towards a common goal
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills and the ability to work with different stakeholders
- Have an eye for details and with good analytical and written skills
- Able to manage multiple deliverables and to meet deadlines
- Excellent judgement and negotiation skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, and resourceful