VP, T&M Compliance, Group Legal, Compliance and Secretariat
Group Legal, Compliance & Secretariat ensures that the bank's interests are protected by zealously guarding and enhancing its reputation and capital. We also work to maintain a good standing with all our regulators, customers, and business partners. Because we believe that at the heart of business banking is to uphold the values of trust and integrity for all our stakeholders. Job Purpose To provide regulatory and compliance advice and support to the Treasury & Markets ("T&M") business in DBS Bank Group. Job Duties & Responsibilities Advise T&M on applicable regulations, including relevant overseas regulations:
- Provide Sales and Trading in T&M with prompt, sound and consistent compliance and regulatory advice in relation to (1) the structuring and sale of products (including funded and unfunded, OTC and cleared) in respect of all asset classes (foreign exchange, interest rates, commodities, credit and equities) and (2) sales practices and processes in relation to T&M products (onshore and cross border).
- Provide Group Research with prompt and sound compliance and regulatory advice in relation to the distribution of research reports
- Advise and provide support to other stakeholders in T&M in relation to regulatory and compliance matters.
- Review new products and other business initiatives (e.g. new business ventures and new transaction structures) and consider the impact of relevant rules and regulations on T&M and Legal & Compliance.
- Review the impact of new / amended regulations and provide feedback and implications on the proposed regulations to T&M.
- Liaise with regulators and relevant internal stakeholders to resolve regulatory issues and seek clarifications.
- Identify key regulatory issues of concern to regulators early.
- Track outstanding issues.
- Co-ordinate regulatory inspections involving T&M.
- Develop / review training materials on applicable regulations for T&M.
- Provide in-house training to ensure compliance with Bank's ethical standards, T&M policies and applicable regulations.
- To contribute to the development of a strong compliance culture in the DBS Group to comply with laws, regulations and ethical standards in the T&M business, thereby protecting the reputation of the DBS Group.
- Identify and resolve regulatory issues in T&M (in Singapore and regionally).
- Keeping up-to-date on any regulatory changes and developments in Singapore and globally that have an impact on T&M.
- To be cognizant of legal issues affecting T&M, and work together with Legal colleagues to provide more holistic advice covering both legal and compliance aspects.
- Maintain strong internal relationships, acting as a professional and value-adding partner with the business and support units.
Education / Preferred Qualifications
- At least 7 years of working experience in compliance / treasury business / audit / regulatory environment.
- Detailed understanding of the prevailing Singapore and overseas regulations relevant to T&M, as well as working knowledge of the diverse banking products (esp. derivatives) offered by T&M.
- Degree or Professional qualification in related field
- Relevant banking and compliance experience as a senior compliance officer, auditor, lawyer or regulatory examiner, with exposure to different banking products and businesses.
- Communication skills with ability to clearly and diplomatically articulate issues, solutions and rationales.
- Ability to think critically with good problem-solving skills; results-oriented to ensure sound implementation of controls and compliance processes/procedures.
- Ability to analyse financial markets transactions and consider the application of relevant regulations and rules.
- Strong awareness of regulations/laws (e.g. MAS Notices, Banking Act, Companies Act, Securities and Futures Act, and Financial Advisers Act) in Singapore, regionally and globally. Comprehensive product knowledge together with good understanding of relevant financial services and investment banking activities.
Apply Now We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements
- Reporting to SVP, Group Legal and Compliance - T&M
- Collaborating and working with T&M Legal and Compliance colleagues. Working relationship with BUs/SUs, and other colleagues in Legal, Compliance and Secretariat in Singapore and overseas.
- Establish and maintain good working relationship with regulators.