VP, System Monitoring (BMC), GTO
- Permanent, Full time
- United Overseas Bank
- 18 Jan 18
VP, System Monitoring (BMC), GTODescription
In this role, you will be part of the team responsible for managing and maintaining the monitoring infrastructure that covers Mainframe, AS/400, UNIX and Windows, Network devices running Production and Development environments in Singapore and Overseas Subsidiaries
- Provides leadership in IT infrastructure monitoring to meet the regional business requirements of the Bank.
- To develop, review and implement processes, procedures, guidelines and manuals relating to System Monitoring within the Group.
- To provide advice and guidance to all other areas of the business and IT on System Monitoring.
- To plan and review system parameters to implement baselines for system monitoring.
- To process requests to maintain or customise parameters in the systems supported by the team.
- To participate in incident management engagement requiring monitoring support.
- Ensure that all documentations used by the team including processes, SOP's and work instructions are complete, accurate and up to date.
- Create and distribute reports and communications related to System Monitoring as necessary
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field. At least 10 years of IT experience of which at least 5 years experience in similar role, ideally in a financial institution.
- Experience with BMC TrueSight / Patrol is a must. Dell-EMC IONIX Network Fault detection tool.
- Experience with Event Management would be an advantage.
- Good understanding or experience in supporting multiple platforms (Mainframe, AS400, Unix, Windows, Linux) is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Possesses good communication skills and strategic thinking
- Ability to work and thrive in a dynamic, team-oriented environment
- A leader with the ability to drive for results and the passion for excellence
- A strategic thinker who has the organizational agility to handle ambiguity and yet able to focus and set strategic direction for the team
- With the ability to look at issues from multiple angles, the candidate should be able to appreciate diverse perspectives and complexity and ambiguity in management and strategic decisions
- Possess the mental capacity and energy to sustain through difficulties and challenges; and the courage to raise issues and manage conflicts
- Ability to handle diverse and multiple projects concurrently across the region
- Able to work with multiple stakeholders and large teams
- Self directed, self motivated with the ability to take ownership for business unit goals, he/she should make sound decisions in a timely manner, use good judgment and keep initiatives moving
- Possess strong verbal and written communications skills and with effective presentation skills