VP, Specialist for Financial Control and Analysis
The roles and responsibilities are:
- Support bank-wide initiatives and business growth with active participation and working closely with business partners (both internal and external stakeholders) for Singapore Operation .
- Monthly/Quarterly/Yearly financial and statutory reporting for OCBC Bank, Singapore Operation.
- Preparation and review of regular/ad-hoc reports to regulators, senior management, auditors and other interested parties.
- Support, customize and enhance reporting initiatives in financial reporting.
- Identify and setup action plan to improve processes and controls for better effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Participate in the system implementation/enhancement and initiatives across the Bank and support business projects by ensuring Department's requirements are met.
- Provide operational support on payments/receipts and journals/report preparation.
- Control oversight on the GL by reviewing the GL confirmation, monitoring of temporary accounts and accruals.
- Perform self-assessment to ensure all internal controls and regulations are adhered to.
Reporting to: Head, GFCA-Bank Financial Reporting
- A good degree in Business, Accounting and Finance or equivalent with relevant work experience preferably in a financial reporting role.
- Experience with Oracle General Ledger.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Qlikview and Sharepoint
- Good understanding of banking product knowledge and accounting standards.
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to mentor and guide team members.
- Ability to work with systems and data.
- Strong analytical mind with an aptitude for numbers.
- Self-driven with good organizational and time management skills to deal with multiple deliverables and tight timelines.