VP, Solution Architect, Group Consumer Banking and Big Data Analytics Technology, Technology and Operations
Business Function Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. If you are passionate about bringing great experiences to life and love working in a collaborative environment with your product and experiences, then we want to talk to you. Responsibilities
- Drive a target and consistent application architecture across the enterprise and different platforms
- Drive application & technical architectures to ensure scalability, data consistency, speed of access, appropriate monitoring & instrumentation
- Translate functional and non-functional requirements into design within the enterprise context; help business and technology define appropriate non-functional requirements and help in assessing the error budget defined.
- Ensure application architecture uses best in breed enterprise wide and open source tools.
- Participate in all phases of the SDLC driving architecture solutions and design decisions that result in scalable implementations of the systems.
- Document and create reusable architecture and design specifications.
- Provide strategic and tactical solutions for technical issues.
- Conduct evaluation of new and emerging technology/tools as required.
- Manage different stakeholders to arrive at end-to-end technical design.
- Proven experience as an enterprise scale architect
- Strong understanding of applications across the application landscape i.e. frontline applications, compute engines, data stores etc.
- Strong understanding of cloud native architecture, microservices, data management principles, big data, middleware technologies & distributed computing
- Must come from a development background wherein the ideal candidate would have developed mission critical systems in Microservices, Big Data technology stacks.
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of modern enterprise architecture practices and hands on experience with enterprise application frameworks
- Skilled at translating business strategy and project portfolio into short and long-term architectural plans, detailed requirements and models
- Provide technology and deployment guidance to project and platform teams and drive cloud adoption model for platform teams
- Development of architecture and design artifacts for initiatives
- Lead and develop proof of technologies to overcome security, compliance and networking blockers
- Excellent programming/scripting languages such as Java/JEE, Scala, XML/XSLT, PL/SQL, Shell Scripting
- Hadoop ecosystem tools/frameworks such as HDFS, Spark, Map/Reduce, Kafka, Flume, Sqoop, Yarn, Oozie, Pig, Hive, Impala
- Experience with a Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) product such as Cloud Foundry, Heroku, Elastic Beanstalk, or similar
- Systems automation tools such as Chef, Puppet, BOSH, and continuous integration tools such as NTP, SAML, OAuth 2, Active Directory, Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo, TeamCity
- Release management or production operations
- Expert knowledge of Linux / Unix / Windows systems
- Networking and security-related technologies (e.g. load balancing / DNS / SSL / firewalls / NAT)
- Solid understanding of systems monitoring, alerting and analytics (NewRelic, AppDynamics, Cacti, Graphite, Logstash, Nagios, Ganglia, Splunk, vROPS, Data dog, etc.)
- IaaS experience (vSphere / ESXi / AWS aka Amazon Web Services / OpenStack / Azure / GCP aka Google Cloud Platform)
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.