VP, Solution Architect, Group Consumer Banking and Big Data Analytics Technology, Technology & Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Responsibility
- Lead a cross-functional team of stakeholders to develop a vision and a roadmap for consumer finance platform
- Drive a target and consistent application architecture across the enterprise and different platforms in the bank.
- Define architecture across business functions & geographic regions.
- Drive application & technical architectures to ensure scalability, data consistency, speed of access, appropriate monitoring & instrumentation
- Translate functional and non-functional requirements into design within the enterprise context; help business and technology define appropriate non-functional requirements and help in assessing the error budget defined.
- Ensure application architecture uses best in breed enterprise wide and open source tools.
- Create deployment strategies for existing and new services based on business objectives.
- Document and create reusable architecture and design specifications.
- Provide strategic and tactical solutions for technical issues.
- Manage different stakeholders to arrive at end-to-end technical design.
- Interact professionally with a diverse people such as management, executives and SMEs.
- Leads team of solution architects and domain experts and enables them to provide fit for purpose solutions.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to the development team, during the SDLC. Get development team's buy-in into accepting the design to be implemented.
- Ensure that the solution architecture aligns with the roadmaps established by the enterprise architecture, and that it adheres to the enterprise architecture principles. Act as the bridge between Enterprise / Application Architecture and Delivery.
- Document and manage how multiple applications are poised to work together. Involves defining the interaction between application packages, databases, and middleware systems in terms of functional coverage.
- Assists in the analysis of new and existing architectures to ensure engineering platforms meet business requirements
- Assists in the design of overall system and solution architecture, system integration, and implementation strategy to deliver an integrated solution
- Works with both internal and external partners and suppliers to deliver end to end solution
- Contributes to broader architectural governance activities by participating in peer reviews for other solutions
Apply Now We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
- Demonstrated 15-20 years' experience as a technical specialist
- 5+ years of experience as a solution architect design and implementation of cloud native solution
- Proven effectiveness driving complex multi-stakeholder planning processes, driving cross-team programs to desired results, and managing risk.
- Proven competency in strategic leadership, executive communication and influence, organizational agility, cross-team collaboration, drive for results, and written and verbal communications
- Demonstrated leadership abilities; effective in matrix management and team building
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to speak to technical-level staff and summarize communications for business stakeholders and executives
- Ability to act as in a consultative manner with both business and IT leaders to align strategy
- Knowledge in technical program management methodologies.
- Experience taking ownership and delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Deep knowledge and experience in Cloud Native/ API / Micro-services, Agile / Dev-Ops, CI / CD technologies and best practises
- Strong presentation and written communication skills; high degree of comfort with technical and business audiences.
- Understanding of latest cloud computing and data technologies, business drivers, emerging computing trends, and deployment options.
- Deep understanding of Application, Infrastructure and security architecture and non-functional aspects like Performance, Scalability, Reliability and Availability
- Experience of Credit Cards, Commercial Cards, Unsecured Lending and Card Payments
- Has experience of and is conversant with migration from legacy estate delivery to cloud based solutions, DevOps practices and agile delivery method.