VP, Solution Architect, Consumer Banking Group Technology, Technology & Operations
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- DBS Bank Limited
- 18 Mar 18 2018-03-18
See job description for details
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
Subject Matter Expertise
- Act as visionary and strategist for solution/application area
- Survey market landscape for solution/application insights, direction, vendors, and methods
- Provides expertise to identify and translate system requirements into software design artifacts
- Make presentations at internal conferences and authorship internal in publications.
- Act as technology leaders within our wider digital and technology practices, providing thought leadership, guidance and coaching to more junior members of our team.
- Help business development life cycle by serving as a solution SME to help identify and qualify business development opportunities
- Provide end to end solution and design details
- Drive POCs to assess new solution/application paths
- Lead / participate in product selection process and fit gap analysis
Methodology and Quality Assurance
- Lead development of formalized solution methodologies
- Contribute to a repository for solution/application artifacts
- Interface and coordinate tasks with internal and external technical resources. Collaborates with Project Managers and technical staff to provision estimates, develop overall implementation solution/application plan, and serve as a lead as required, to implement the installation, customization, and integration efforts
- Oversee aspects of project life cycle, from initial kickoff through requirements analysis, design and implementation phases for projects within the solution/application area
- Provide quality assurance for services within the solution/application area
- Write, or direct the writing of white papers that add further insight and thought in the solution/application area
Work Force Management, Supervision and Mentoring
- Manages a team of direct reports (if applicable) who drive service lines in the solution/application area
- Assists staffing coordinators who define project team requirements for projects in solution/application area
- Work with Delivery to define overall recruiting needs and expertise in solution/application area
- Work with Delivery to establish professional development needs for practitioners in solution/application area
- Mentor and guide more junior technical resources
- Feed the overall project status to the senior management.
Guiding Applications Operations
- Responsible for the change in delivery and deployment strategy for all applications to a total replacement for applications at the end of their technology or functionality lifecycle.
- Maintain and monitor all aspects of the application:
- Interoperability capability
- Performance and scalability
- Reliability and availability
- Application lifecycle stage
- Technological risks
- Number of instances / country
- Functionality and Capability
- Understand the system process flow of the primary business processes. It gives a clear picture of the functionality map and the applications footprint of various applications across the map.
- Experienced Enterprise SOA and EOA Architect
- Deep End-to-End Enterprise Architecture understanding, including Enterprise Java Stack (JEE), Rich UI and Front-End technologies (native, Kony, etc), mobile applications (Android and iOS), Middleware technologies (Tibco, Solace etc), Mainframe technologies, Databases, Data Warehouses, and Core Banking solutions.
- Has strong technical skills and experience in developing the architecturally significant components of the software system and/or interfaces in past.
- Experience on cloud technologies will be an added advantage.
- Deep understanding of Enterprise Integration and Messaging Patterns, SOA Governance practices
- Strong communication skills including engaging senior management on strategic plans, leading project steering committees and status updates etc
- Experienced in Agile methodology.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple concurrent initiatives
- Excellent organizational, vendor management, negotiation, and prioritization skills
- Excellent team player and strong interpersonal skills
- Proactive and able to work under pressure, strong problem-solving skills and positive â€can doâ€ attitude.
- Should be able to lead a team, review design and provide required signoffs.
- Assist in budget for internal hardware/software.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.