VP, Solution Architect - J2EE
Posting Date: 08-Jun-2021
Location: Alexandra, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Responsibilities
- The successful candidate will be having 8+ years of working experience as J2EE Technical Lead and Solution Architect preferably in Trade finance in the banking domain.
- Experience in developing and delivering innovative applications using cutting-edge technology, should be highly organized, results-driven individual and a proven ability to deliver world-class products
- J2EE Solution architect for Trade Platforms
- Conduct code review and guide vendor in developing quality software for FSCM program
- Development lead handling Trade Factoring, ARF platforms.
- Monitor and manage risks /issues related to development, handle audits & obsolescence management of applications
Be a part of UOB Family
- Excellent expertise in J2EE technologies, designing end to end solutions for banking applications
- Knowledge and experience working in Trade Finance Domain
- Must have experience managing third party vendor relationships and offshore development teams
- Must have experience gathering business needs and creating workable technical solutions
- Ability to review vendor code and construct high level design & sequence diagram for better understanding of application architecture. Conversant with modelling languages like UML.
- Knowledge of service-oriented architecture to drive technical solutions for multi-tiered systems
- Experience reviewing Sonar dashboard and drive technical debt reduction in code
- Good understanding on OWASP development practices and tools like Veracode
- Detail oriented, ability to work independently and excellent problem solving skills
- Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders across business units
- Desirable to have experience handling production support and managing stakeholders
- Good understanding of SDLC methodologies, DevOPS & CI/CD processes
- Knowledge and experience on encryption methods used in the industry
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.