VP, Senior System Analyst, Credit Origination, Group Banking Technology
Posting Date: 04-Jan-2021
Location: Shenton Way, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Responsibilities
- Drive standardization, best practice adoption, and consistency to implement a sustainable functional solution that is scalable to roll out to regional countries
- Take accountability to deliver the scope on-time, within budget with high quality. Exercise judgment, take initiative and make decisions.
- Deliver solutions that meet and exceed the functional, non-functional/technical, infrastructure and security requirements
- Lead and collaborate with cross-functional teams that includes business users and technology teams including business analysts, technical teams, testing teams and other Host technical teams to:
- elicit and review business requirements
- review high level solution
- provide cost estimates
- analyse the 'to be' process and perform gap analysis
- Mentor, guide and train the system analyst team members with the potential to grow into System Analyst Leads
- Work effectively with the business users to identify areas where solutions can be improved to enable better productivity and streamline business processes
- Collaborate with the business users and Functional Business Analysts to
- Write and review functional solutions documents
- Review test cases prepared by the testing team
- Manage, address and resolve functional issues that arise in a timely manner, ensuring necessary escalation and communication to stakeholder.
• Relevant Degree with 12+ years of current, hands on technical experience in the banking / financial services domain, especially in Credit / Loan Origination
• Possess a go-getter attitude with strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Experience of complete software development lifecycles - Waterfall and Agile project experience; Experience in Java, JIRA and confluence will be a plus
• General understanding of banking and knowledge and application of banking technology and regulations/compliance
• Strong analytical / problem solving / process design skills
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to negotiate / influence / persuade with various stakeholders
• Strong team-building, interpersonal and leadership skills
• Passionate and results-orientated Be a part of UOB Family
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.