VP, Senior System Analyst, Cards Technology, GTO
Posting Date: 29-Nov-2019
Location: Alexandra, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Responsibilities
The Systems Analyst position requires strong business skills and would be responsible for reviewing, analyzing and modifying systems including coding, testing, debugging and installing to support application systems. The incumbent will also be responsible for writing documentation to describe custom configuration of applications and operating procedures to liaison with 3rd party application development consultants. This role will also include demand and capacity planning skills.
- Provide technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new IT software projects and initiatives to support and enhance our existing applications.
- Identify opportunities that can improve efficiency of business processes.
- Coordinate application development for multiple projects.
- Assist in troubleshooting software application issues.
- Troubleshoot technical issues and identify modifications needed in existing applications to meet changing user requirements.
- Analyze data contained in the application database and identify data integrity issues with existing and proposed systems and implement solutions.
- Provides assistance and advice to business users in the effective use of applications and information technology.
- Write technical procedures and documentation for the applications including operations, user guide, etc.
- Produce technical documentation for new and existing applications.
- Verify database and data integrity.
- Assist in the creation of the system design and functional specifications for all new development projects.
- Ensure appropriate standards and procedures are adhered to during the development process to support quality deliverables.
Be a part of UOB Family
- Should have a minimum of 7 years of technology experience with at least 5 years hands-on technical roles in the field and relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Extensive knowledge of data processing, hardware platforms, and enterprise software applications.
- Technical experience with systems networking, databases, Web development, and user support.
- Good background in Cards Technology
- Background in Cards payment systems projects and Visual Basic, Excel, Word, Outlook and HTML.
- Good working knowledge skills with Microsoft Office Products, Microsoft Visio, and Microsoft Project.
- Experience in the development and implementation of standards, procedures and guidelines to support operational processes.
Apply now and make a difference.