VP, Senior Data Analytics & Insights, Data Management Office
Posting Date: 03-Apr-2021
Location: Raffles Place, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Big Data Analytics Centre
is a business function that leads the transformational build, use, and deployment of the banks next generation analytics capabilities and infrastructure. This exciting role will play a pivotal part as an Analytics Centre of Excellence that will take analytics to the next level through use of latest data and analytics technology currently being deployed. You will work either individually or in project teams to help the organization progress towards a self-service data discovery culture. Job Responsibilities
In this role you will be part of the Big Data Analytics Centre, and will aim to deliver new insights and bring analytical practices to life through data visualisation, intuitive dashboards and data modelling to support the adoption of analytics into the decision making process across the entire organization.
This is a unique role where the right candidate will be able to make a significant and visible contribution within a short period of time.
- Manage, build and deliver analytical solutions including dashboards to help businesses leverage their internal data assets for strategic decision making. Hands-on development of data models and visualisations will be required.
- Represent the Analytics Centre of Excellence to cross train team members, business users, and ensure business user adoption of analytics and supported tools.
- Support business users and senior management through use of data analytics and also in deployment of data analytics capabilities.
- Analyse data for portfolio managers to assist in the formulation of recommendations to deliver results against profitability and growth targets.
- Provide consultative support to stakeholders and senior management in understanding data trends, patterns and insights on our customers and business operations.
- Evaluate and improve existing analytics tools and platforms.
- Support the Enterprise Data Architecture and Governance Program and Big Data Program to develop the Analytics Capabilities and drive the Change Management agenda for the group.
- Drive innovation initiatives under the business leadership team's guidance and directives.
Be a part of UOB Family
- Degree in computing or science discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, IT)
- Min 6 years working experience in Analytics or Business Intelligence functions
- Strong experience in Power BI and/or Qlik
- Build data pipelines through of a series of structured and modular data stages such as ETL. Continuously maintaining and optimizing these pipeline from development through to production
- Knowledge of big data ecosystems (e.g. Hue, Hive, Impala) and experience with SQL, data warehousing is a strong plus
- Experience in training and conducting user enablement sessions would be a plus.
- In depth knowledge of banking products and the overall industry would be a plus
- Good written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated success presenting in a clear and compelling manner to cross-functional stakeholders that persuades action
- Have an understanding of project management and business processes to help drive organizational results
- Ability to work and thrive in a dynamic, team-oriented environment
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.