VP, Senior Agile Coach, Group Consumer Banking and Big Data Analytics Technology, Technology and Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. To reduce cost and risk and help deliver business value faster through expert, timely intervention and capability development, the purpose of this role is to enable teams to review situations, analyse issues and solve problems using DBS Agile Way of Working. Responsibilities
- Coach and develop all levels of staff on how to implement and sustain the Agile principles & practices
- Lead by example and be a role model of Agile values, principles and practices
- Establish a position as an expert in delivery that cultivates business value & risk mitigation
- Engage senior management and promote business strategies and solutions which drive an Agile culture
- Foster an environment of experimentation, test & learn and continuous improvement
- Develop a culture that supports team engagement and high performance
- Deliver Just In Time training on Agile to DBS employees at all levels
- Develop and deliver Job Instruction Training (using the Tell - Show - Do method) to other Agile practitioners within DBS (including partners)
- Provide coaching, mentoring and professional development opportunities for those being coached and mentored on Agile WoW
- Teach teams to understand the difference between the Agile mindset ("Being Agile) and Agile Practices ("Doing Agile") and the characteristics needed in individuals, teams and organisations to embrace, promote & manifest the mindset of agility
- Create a team environment which is seen as an attractive career destination for internal and external candidates
- Collaborate across Platforms to ensure long term strategy is aligned to enterprise architecture and customer requirements
- Coach the Product Owner to enable shared understanding of the Product Vision & what is coming in the product roadmap.
- Teach teams to create transparency of dependencies and ensure alignment across teams / platforms, looking forward with a 3-6 month view across the roadmap.
- Coach the teams to work towards getting the solution, dependencies, etc mapped out, working closely with Architect/Software Engineering leads etc
- Ensuring delivery dependencies on other teams / platforms are on their roadmaps and timing and integration environments are aligned for release management
- Ensuring the work other teams need from your team/s are included and prioritised appropriately in your teams backlog.
- Highlighting capacity & capability gaps to respective team/platform leads.
- Engagement of relevant vendors and management of onboarding new team members
- Coach the scrum master to aggressively address impediments, dependencies, risks and issues, to ensure the continuous flow of work and avoid bottlenecks
- Organize and lead collaboration events such as Scrum of Scrums, Showcases/Review and quarterly planning efforts.
- Coach the teams to track, monitor and report teams' delivery outcomes to understand the basis of the teams' delivery metrics, constraints & opportunities for continuous improvement actions.
- Ensure alignment of the teams' tracking & reporting outputs using the Enterprise Agile tools stack
- Coach the teams to work with the technical and business leads to ensure the highest risk stories are prioritized early in the feature development, aligning to product roadmap
- Coach the teams (& relevant PMO enablers) in agile governance to ensure financial tracking and reporting commitments are met
- Coach the Scrum Master to provide updates to senior stakeholders and relevant governance forums, ensuring all data is fully transparent to reflect a true "as is" picture to aid honest discussion
- Coach teams to ensure compliance requirements & outcomes comply with standards or with organization-specific rules, such as those for data security.
- Build an agile culture by creating an environment of trust that encourages team members to raise issues and risks.
- Support & contribute to internal Community of Practices
- A proven track record of successfully implementing software products using Agile way of working & governance/reporting
- 6+ years of experience as an Agile Coach, coaching multi-disciplined teams
- Solid understanding of software development lifecycle models and ability to transform the delivery from a traditional project management approach to a more agile product delivery approach
- Prior experience working in a Financial Services organisation is desirable
- Proven hands on delivery experience delivering large scale technology initiatives with cross functional dependencies and geographically distributed teams
- Balanced business/technical background:
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly credible leadership to development teams and be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
- Proven leadership skills and evidence of collaboration with stakeholders to develop strategies and solutions of high business value
- Solid understanding of Agile software development life cycle
- Behaviours consistent with DBS PRIDE Values
- A high level of Agile project managerial skill in a complex, medium to large organisation with a proven record of change management, innovation, achievement, autonomous action and strong leadership.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, planning, and organisational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate Agile development support tools (e.g. Jira, Confluence)
- People management skills: ability to deal with people at all levels
- Able to cope with pressure, prioritise workload
- Able to grasp the strategic perspective as well as the tactical.
- Very good presentation and written communication skills.
- Calm, conciliatory approach to resolving conflict.
- Strong Risk Management capability
- Managing distributed teams with agility
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.