VP, Product Solutions Lead Business Analyst, Group Finance
Business Function Group Finance aims to deliver world-class standards in reporting, financial planning and finance processes. We provide insights and analyses that help the bank make sound business decisions - whether in the areas of product development or customer profitability. We also provide capital management, business planning, forecasting, and tax and accounting advisory services. The bank is also a certified Accredited Training Organisation (ATO) for the Singapore Qualification Programme by the Singapore Accountancy Commission and an Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) Approved Employer. Job Purpose DBS Group Finance as part of its endeavour to achieve greater financial transparency and accountability has embarked on an enterprise-wide strategic initiative to design and implement a "New Cost Allocation" methodology aimed to deliver optimal granularity required for strategic business and operating decision making, cost management and service level optimization. With Singapore implementation completed in the first phase, the product now needs to be optimised and enhanced for other location rollouts. Key Accountabilities
- Direct the Product Solutions team of Business Analysts in building the Products of the Cost Management Hub.
- With intimate knowledge of the NCA construct and solution architecture, the Product Solution Lead manages the requirements intake process for all functional modules of the product, breaks down requirements into their component work items, produces High Level Design documentation, and tracks these requirements to completion.
- Responsible for the design of the Config User Interface elements of the solution, providing both Solution Architecture and Technical Architecture guidance to the build teams.
- Oversight of the Defects management requiring understanding defects and providing solutions addressing root cause and resolving issues promptly.
- Establish rapport and a good working relationship with stakeholders minimising points of friction.
- Collect and define business requirements in relation to the Cost Allocation Engine, in partnership and collaboration with the business SME's and Technology partners.
- Maintain the various artefacts to a high standard e.g. Engine backlog with breakdown, UI/Service backlog, HLD documentation for each sub squad (Engine, UI/Service, ETL/Dashboard, NIE), JIRA tickets for changes (HLD level). Integration Test support / Root Cause analysis
- Work in close collaboration with business counterparts, domain SMEs, application owners to elicit business requirements, identify solutions, ensuring consistent use and implementation of processes
- Support the user acceptance testing (UAT) strategy for the finance and business teams.
- Help in defining Test Scenarios, test cases, UAT entry and exit criteria, and coordinating UAT in collaboration with the test manager.
- Possess a deep understanding of the Cost allocation concepts and flow and needs to perform functional analysis of data output to identify any anomalies.
- Partner with the Finance and business SMEs to design effective processes.
Apply Now We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
- Degree in Banking, Computer Science or a Finance graduate with at least 8 - 10 years' relevant experience in project management and business analysis in financial services industry
- Strong functional analysis skills in the discipline of Cost Management and driver-based cost allocation methodologies in the banking industry, with the ability to grasp and elicit business requirements
- Ability to prepare scope and user requirements documents, functional documentation, prepares test scripts, and coordinate UAT.
- Extensive experience working with Technology team is a must
- Good knowledge of banking products, general ledger, finance processes
- Strong presentation, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to work with complexity and ambiguity
- Additional skills to have:
- Experience working with diverse stakeholders
- Agile methodology
- Delivery focused and results oriented
- Attention to details and highly organized and able to work under pressure in a time-critical environment
- Ability to draw insights from data and tell a story
- Not to wait for solutions, instead find alternative paths involving people in the organisation engaging in discussions and consultations
- Ability to connect the dots
- Respect and take interest in organisational social initiatives.