VP, Product Manager, Group Consumer Banking and Big Data Analytics Technology, Technology and Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Mission
DBS Data Engineering Team is looking for a Product Manager to lead development for our Ingestion, Compute and Data Access team. You will make our customers across various organizations more successful and productive. You should have a strong technical foundation and experience building products. Concepts around databases, Hadoop, SQL should be familiar to you. You will help development of the DBS BigData application stack product area and ensure its success. You will collaborate with brilliant engineers and customers to ensure that we deliver valuable products. Outcomes
- Figure out what people need; build it as quickly as possible with our amazing engineers and designers; ship it smoothly; magnify the impact customers can have and make them more productive; measure impact;. Repeat.
- Identify needs through a combination of user research, collecting feedback from cross-functional teammates
- Assist in product vision and strategy definition, and inspire people with it
- Develop detailed requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application. Ruthlessly prioritize.
- Assist in defining roadmap, positioning, and release launches.
- Ensure we ship a well-crafted product at a timely pace
- Ability to grasp complex systems at a technical level
- Leading major product initiatives. Familiar with concepts around BigData, Hadoop, Spark, Data Ingestion, SQL, Metadata
- Good communication/presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills, with excellent problem solving abilities in the face of ambiguity
- Listen well. You build consensus by default, but can drive hard decisions when you have to. You push the pace. You take the blame and pass on praise
- Entrepreneurial, "can do" attitude, ability and willingness to make an impact in a start-up like organization
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.